My HP slic wont activate Vista? Help please

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by msr, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008
    #41 Simbalage22, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    Everything From The ACPI table in the rw

ALL files from ACPI table selection in RW Format.. Hopefully you'll find something useful.. btw this pc is for my mom, hers died.. So I am doing this one so she'll have something better. I will have her come on here and thank you personally if you get it :) from a early p4 this is gonna be excellent

Attached Files:

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Activated

OMG ACTIVATED! now for the questions. What did u do differently? is this w7 too? I am extatic.. and have lot of questions to why it didnt do this in the 1st place....Called mom.. When I left her pc was dead... She thought it was toast. Turned out to be the power supply.. with your help.. she now has vista ultimate. Big step from xp LOL

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yes it is for Windows 7 also..

Can you shoot me a slic dump or other printout for my piece of mind..?

As for what I did different....`Everything.

kinda like this:

Extracted the 1b module

This is an old style SSv1 mod so I added a module to the bios as a 23 module and left it uncompressed.

I changed the RSDT/XSDT tables length and ID, pointed to the slic module in bios, changed all the HP-CPC strings I could find that didnt appear to be connected to the SSDT tables in the 1b module.

reinserted the 1b module.

recheck the slic offset. Extract the 1b module again and adjust the pointer (it moved up 2 bytes) and reinsert.

Recheck the slic offset.

no change, pack it and ship it to you....:D:D

This was a fun one. Quite a challenge, and maybe some ideas for other bios...

Thanks for your patience, and the feedback..what a trooper...most would be heading for a loader by now.....LOL

I really appreciate your trust in this......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008
    #45 Simbalage22, Aug 29, 2009
    cool

No problem, And thank you much. So I will be trying to get a hp oem of windows 7 and trying it on my my... Will start a new thread when I get to that. Seemed complicated. I will post those dumps in a little. Do you think this will be integrated in the new ami tool? Possible option for hp roms? I dont see the need for softmod emulation. I prefer to hard mod.. Like when I started modding xbox LOL.. Trust goes along way, and we got to trust sometimes when we are experiementing. So is this as good as the original slic? I am new to this. I have done a phonix before and prolly couldnt do it again if I tried, and as far as I know they make auto tools for ami and award.. But this proves that no "Automatic tool" will work for ALL systems LOL... thanks again will post files in a bit

UPDATE: Added The ACPI Tables

Attached Files:

6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Windows 7 activates the exact same way as Vista. The only difference is the slic, and you have the updated slic. This bios will activate W7 if it activates Vista. Use the HP Ultimate key they found for W7, and you are set!!

This is an original SLIC, just in a different area of bios.

7. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Dumps Posted... So if I am reading correctly this is as good to microsoft as the original bios.. I am wary on win7 as its so new they might detect it and I want hers to be oem and safe.. but I might want to try it with my hp.. now I did the slic for that one (phonix) and its vista ready.. how would i add win7? grr I dont like phonix because u have to do it manual.. well wait for a new thread when I obtain the oem disc (do they make one) lol... ;

8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You can make your own. Just like Vista.

I would wait for Windows 7, but I have been testing it on a HTPC and it is phenomenal, l; especially the Media Center. I have never used Vista, but W7 seems to be the ticket. I used the HP Slic and the Lenovo key.

I think if things continue the way they are, the W7 activation will be just as secure as the Vista. I dont see how they would detect it after October..when it is out OEM.

As far as manual mods. This one for her was manual as it gets. MMTol and a hex editor..

Phoenix tool will be out shortly. AndyP has been in contact with Yen, myself, and a tester called BusyKid508. It makes phoenix a whole different animal, but not without some danger.

If your mother likes Vista, she will Love Windows7..:D

I will like to see teh RWE dumps...Thanks!

9. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Do u know where I can get the oem win7 for hp? Also I posted the dumps in previous post.. but I post again

Attached Files:

10. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #50 911medic, Aug 29, 2009
    Not out yet. Only RTM.

You will have to make your own. It takes about 3 minutes. It will take much longer to download than make OEM version..

EDIT..
    The OEM/TABLEIDs are all excellent

You are 110% activated, and ready for Windows 7 with a 2.1 HP slic. You can activate W7 with the same cert you are using now..

Is this the same bios for msr?????

11. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Cool

let me know what you think about them dumps. I will do more research when I get on hi-speed.. For now she can play with and learn vista. You know us kids introducing technology to our parent.. soon as they learn it.. we go and change it.. well I am not a kid.. but I am 26 and disabled.. making nothing but time to mod and hack stuff.. I am disabled.. bad knee and hell reverese engenerring is my life. If old I could get this nagara3 to be "activated" LOL

12. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Dumps look good. It is all to factory newness. HP 2.1 SLIC bios. :D:D

13. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008
  14. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008

15. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    msr is this thread's original poster asking for hp nc4200 laptop mod BEFORE you hijacked it for your Presario SR2170NX Desktop model!!!

This thread become very confusing.

It seems that SR2170NX can be modded with 911medic (post 29) ssv1 BIOS,
    but we still do NOT know if hp nc4200 laptop can be modded

sebus

16. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #57 911medic, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  17. Simbalage22

Simbalage22 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2008
    I didnt hi-jack the tread. The thread topic is "My HP slic wont activate Vista Help please" So I was working on an hp that would not take slic activation either.. Makes sense to post under the same topic because I too was having problems getting this hp to take activation. As for the question of the dell yes I was wrong which is why I started the new thread!

18. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #60 911medic, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009