My version of windows 8 says, its not activated and its activated both????

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by LUXEROZEN, Nov 26, 2012.

1. LUXEROZEN

LUXEROZEN MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    screen.jpg Here's a screenshot, I used a Chinese windows 8 activator tool for this, while all the KMS servers seemed to be down or not working for me, now I can't make this thing legit by adding features as it has added extra features, any help?

2. LUXEROZEN

LUXEROZEN MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    screen.jpg here's a better picture.

3. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    #3 Jessica Alba, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Open Command Prompt.

Important: You must run Command Prompt as an administrator in Windows 8 to use System File Checker.

Once Command Prompt is open, type the following command and then press Enter.
    Code:
    sfc /scannow
    Note: There's a space between sfc and /scannow.

System File Checker will now verify the integrity of every protected operating system file on your computer.

Restart your computer if sfc /scannow did actually repair any files.

Note: System File Checker may or may not prompt you to restart but even if it doesn't, you should restart anyway.

Repeat whatever process caused your original problem to see if sfc /scannow corrected the issue.

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Congratulation for having destroyed your system. No way to repair it properly. Do it again without the hack crap :D

5. LUXEROZEN

LUXEROZEN MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    Well, the scan fixed something after rebooting and I am back to not activated in both. I tried using the WMC key I received says it wont work with clean install. I guess I am back to square one but with media center now, guess that's a plus.

6. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LUXEROZEN

LUXEROZEN MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    I tried doing that and this is what I get. Error: 0xC004F069 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F069' to display the error text. Anyway of downgrading from media center to just windows 8 pro??

8. adit123tya

adit123tya MDL Senior Member

Oct 25, 2012
    no way to downgrade from proWMC to pro

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    lol, yesterday night I was on another forum which I can "warmly " recommend named myGully (german board). there I found a thread for downloading W8 plus so called activators. I allowed myself to tell the uploader that these hacktivators do not work and there will be severe problems using that s**t. Guess what happened:
    I was banned :D
    With warm regards from MyGully !!

10. adit123tya

adit123tya MDL Senior Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Oh that means there are fourms who ban us on telling the truth

11. LUXEROZEN

LUXEROZEN MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    Now that I replaced the data folder, I am rebooting. Hope the key works.

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    exactly, the truth is not welcome. :cool:

13. LUXEROZEN

LUXEROZEN MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    Thanks mate, now the pc is activated using the key I received on my mail and thanks everyone, you have all been a great help.

14. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Yeah - the other ban-bait is to call out a moderator on his BS. I got a 2 week 'pause' to think about that from a Bulgarian forum... Of course, as soon as my ban expires I'll express my incredulity at the f**ktarded nature of such a ban thus going perma-out,but with a grin and in a blaze of glory :D

As for the OP - just backup what you need from the current install, grab the Delta that adds WMC to the Pro image (sorry but I can't find the link for it atm) and just install anew (and with the patched iso you could just install using the WMC key). A variant of that is to patch the iso and then use the 'Refresh windows' option with the patched iso in the drive ;)

15. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    @LUXEROZEN glad it workout for you :D

16. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    lol here even better: reason for ban was unwanted spam > forever (because of the truth):D
    unfortunately, these uploaders make good money with the file hosters or get free download tickets. "Profit over life"
    What a wonderful world we are on ;)

17. LUXEROZEN

LUXEROZEN MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    :D Glad that you guys were around to help, can't thank you enough.

18. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Yes,but I've got that beaten by sheer stupidity - I received a pair of PM's notifying notifying me about the impending ban.. 4 days after being banned. And I can't exactly log in to view them in their entirety,just the message header :D

also - congrats Luxerozen on getting your machine back into fighting shape :)

19. LUXEROZEN

LUXEROZEN MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    thanks mate :)