My windows 8.1 was activated by kmspico method. can i upgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by balaselvan, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulfate

Soulfate MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    #21 Soulfate, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    Nope, retail key can be reused with a new configuration (phone call can help to re-activate a retail license, but I've read that there is no mention about phone activation for Windows 10). You cannot change motherboard only if you have an OEM license. If you buy an independent key, it's retail, so it can be theoretically re-activated after a hardware change/upgrade. Problem comes when you have an OEM computer, but the constructor warranty should be in charge of this problem (it's not an user problem).
    Actually (Windows 8/8.1), a retail key can be reused on several computers with the help of phone call. That will be weird if, because of hardware changes, we won't be able to "actualize" a retail license with Windows 10.

If we cannot change the attached motherboard to an OEM license, will this trick work ? Since Windows 8, we cannot trick the motherboard recognition with a loader. I believe that the upgrade process to Windows 10 will bypass the loader trick.

2. TheCandyManHK

TheCandyManHK MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2015
    Microsoft will give away Windows 10 FREE - for ONE year end of story close the thread