My xp loads very slow.....

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by bladest, Mar 2, 2008.

1. bladest

bladest MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2008
    Before few weeks i read one ebook how to optimize my win xp and after that i somehow i donot how broke my windows start up ,so when my win starts before few weeks i have message starting windows executing wlnotify.dll and my xp loads very fast about 26 seconds........after reading this bad ebook i open start menu and use run and type rundll32.exe,advapi32.dll systemidleprocess or taks i donot remember and after that my pc loads only for 5 minutes this slow load is only active when i wait for my user account graphical menu..... if someone knows how to repair my win without uninstall i will be very happy and thanks if someone can help. i can give additional information if you required from my posting because i donot write everything because my english is not very good.

2. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Do you have System Restore enabled? As much as I dislike the System Restore feature personally, it does help in some cases such as this. If you do not have it enabled to automatically create restore points, I suggest re-reading the ebook and following the directions in the reverse, meaning do the opposite of what the book tells you to do.

For Example, if the EBOOK had said to:
    Open "Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services" and to find the service named "Windows Time", Right-Click and Select "Properties", then hit Stop, and change Startup Type to "Disabled", do the reverse of this, and set it back to "Automatic".

If the EBOOK you are talking about has had you delete files, and other things, the only thing I can suggest to you through personal expierence to get Windows running at a fast speed again, would be to use the Windows XP setup CD and use the repair option, or use the System Restore tool which reverts Settings and Files (to an extent).

3. bladest

bladest MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2008
    my system restore is disabled since i`ve installed my xp previous year in the ebook is written only go to start menu and type rundll32.exe,advapi32.dll systemidleprocess or task and do not have explanation how to reverse proccess please help.

4. dstone

dstone MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2008
    My Windows XP was slow, so I created a new user account.
    With the new user account, XP loads, runs and shuts down faster.

This is a temporary solution until I reinstall windows again.