Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Mouri_Naruto, Sep 25, 2021.
Wont Never |
There are some issues from the toolchain need to be solved before releasing a legacy installer style version.
You need to login to view this posts content.
I have a few questions I hope you'll answer.
1. Will NanaZip be able install without internet some day? Currently it's impossible to use the software in a completely offline environment (installation).
2. Is it correct to assume NanaZip more secure than 7-Zip? I see on Github all executable files have CFG enabled.
3. In relation to question two, do you or anyone else in the project check all dependencies for malicious components or behavior? As it's a smaller project vulnerabilities could be quite bad and unseen.
4. Does NanaZip do anything regarding compression and decompression which could risk corruption, or is all critical code taken form 7-Zip without modification?
5. Could customization of the context menu be possible regarding what hash algorithms are displayed? Would be great if I could add Blake2sp, but customization in genereal is great.
Thank you a lot.
Here are answers:
1. Of course, NanaZip will add unpackaged support after the modernization work is completed.
2. I don't know. Maybe and I hope that.
3. All NanaZip dependencies are made by me and the people I trusted. People can review all implementations.
4. All critical code taken form 7-Zip and 7-Zip ZS without modification in most cases unless it has bugs.
5. I will make a HASH selection UI to replace that because NanaZip supports many HASH algorithms.
nice one thx
mostly i only posted becorse i didnt know if that program is dead or alive
im sorry man
Thank you for answering, great work you're doing.
Will it work on Windows Server 2022?
Of course, because NanaZip still support Windows 10 Version 20H1 or later.
is this program still alive ???
Yesterday, I have found I met the "Longhorn Build 4093" moment in NanaZip project. And I found Mr. Igor changed a lot from 22.01 to 23.01. 7-Zip has 1200+ source code files and he changed 950+.
So, I start to do something similar to "Longhorn Reset" in NanaZip. First, I start to rewrite the core implementation based on 7-Zip 23.01. Everyone can see the progress in NanaZip.Core project in NanaZip repository.
I have done several commits and progress is so smooth than I thought before.
After I have done the 7-Zip ZS feature integration for NanaZip.Core. I will remove lots of old implementations.
Also, 7-Zip's ABI compatibility looks nice. I have replaced the 7z.dll in 7-Zip 22.01 mainline to NanaZip.Core.dll. And it's all fine. It's OK to use all extra HASH algorithms I integrated to NanaZip.Core.dll just now.
So, it may need some time to release the next preview of NanaZip. I hope I can finish this work before October.