Native Blu-ray writer support?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by 2happy, Oct 16, 2014.

1. 2happy

2happy MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2012
    About to upgrade my notebooks internal dvd writer to include BR writer.

Can anyone advise whether Win10 has native support to write data BR's - and if so, is it up to the task ? (not interested in Movies).

Or do I still need to get third party apps - and if so, what program is the best?.

Any help would be appreciated. :worthy:

2. akirainblack

akirainblack MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2008
    Imgburn is free and has never let me down.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Most of the todays Burner Apps working with BD quite well. IMGBURN is really good, just have not to much features and lacks a bit by BD's.

Most BD-Burners will even come with their Apps for burning etc., so, the OP shouldn't have a problem. If if he bought his burner as 2.hand, he could download the required apps from the manufacturer of that drive for free.

Personally I use Gear 8 Mastering, but that's expensive and really suitable for to use in business environment. With my company we producing for our customers Product Presentation Movies and Catalogs in low and medium capacity, max up to 500pcs per design only, above that level it get more cheap using commercial production ways. With Gear it's possible to use several Burners with several different medias and designs/content at the same time. It's the only available apps that exist with those features AFAIK!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...