Necessary to use Genuie Windows In Germany ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kumaramy, Jul 9, 2013.

1. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #1 kumaramy, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    Hello.
    My sister is going to Munich, Germany this week. I formatted her laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate Pre-activated with validation check. But I wanted to know that if I send laptop with her is there any problem may occur in there ? I mean problem will SURLY occur or just chances are there (may not occur or may be) ?
    My sister have bought HP laptop with HOME PREMIUM edition. There is a product key written on sticker under laptop. But when she bought it the shopkeeper didn't gave her original DVD of SETUP. She mistakenly lost bill of the laptop also. The duplicate copy of bill can be taken from records of the shop. Now I have questions on that :

1] Did she bought Genuine home premium with laptop? if yes then,
    2] The shopkeeper had to give original DVD of SETUP of the edition? if yes then,
    3] Can we contact Microsoft and ask for the SETUP by giving them the product key? If the shopkeeper didn't/couldn't give us the DVD.
    Thank you.

2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    #2 SOCRATE_MMXII, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    It will not be a problem if it goes with somebody as a personal good. Nobody cares about what you have installed on your laptop. I take my laptop with me when I travel all the time and never a problem with it. So, don't worry.
    If she's travelling by plane at the hand luggage check they will tell her to take out the laptop from its bag and put it separately on a tray. That's it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I highly, highly doubt that anyone will make a fuss over it. I have traveled interstate several times with two laptops that were used with Daz loader and nothing happened, just the usual xray scanner check. As long as you dont hollow it out and stuff it full of drugs or illegal content, it will be fine.

4. rjk123

rjk123 MDL Member

Apr 29, 2011
    The laptop is probably okay, but I'd tell her to not take her monkey. :biggrin:

5. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Don't worry. She will not take me with her :D

6. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    1] Did she bought Genuine home premium with laptop? if yes then, Probably!!
    2] The shopkeeper had to give original DVD of SETUP of the edition? if yes then, NO!! If this is a real setup from HP then there will be a recovery partition which has the complete recovery of the operating system. This recovery partition can be copied once to DVD so that you have your own disk. Read your manual that came with the laptop and they will explain how to make your own disk.
    3] Can we contact Microsoft and ask for the SETUP by giving them the product key? If the shopkeeper didn't/couldn't give us the DVD. NO!! M$ does not supply OEM disk's. You can only get them from the manufacturer. HP!!
    Thank you.

7. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Let's keep it clean everyone!!

8. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    But after 12 month of purchasing it, I formatted it and installed Windows 7 Ultimate Activated by Daz Loader. So, I guess I can't create own disk of previously originally installed Home premium disk from the recovery partition.

Now, as per your answer of 3rd question, the option is I have to get it from Manufacturer i.e. HP !! But if I have to get it from Manufacturer then how to get it ?

9. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Did you delete the recovery partition, or is it still there?
    Go to HP support site, put in your model number, search for recovery disks, pay them whatever $$ they want.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You said you formatted it but did you delete recovery partition it may still be present. You can also just install home premium and use daz loader and the serial key on the laptop is OEM COA NONE:SLP that is not the key that was used to install windows it would have been OEM:SLP key + HP certificate.

11. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I guess I deleted it.

Pay ? why pay ? I already paid for their laptop in which they provided me the home premium os.

Do you mean they will ask for Original cost of brand new Home Premium edition (which is MS selling on their site) ?
    In that case I will buy it from MS site.

And if you mean HP will ask me for only SERVICE PAYMENT which will be nominal expense then I can surly pay to HP.

12. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I deleted the partition. But when I formatted the laptop, I installed Ultimate 32 bit with daz loader. So, what does it make difference if I install Home premium with daz loader ? If I am not wrong the difference would be just in edition.

But, I want to install the proper home premium activated with the product key written on sticker under the laptop and which was pre installed in laptop when she purchased it.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #14 pisthai, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    That Key will work only with the Version of Windows it is created for! If it were Home premium, the key will work with that, Home basic will have a different key as Ultimate as well! May it's also limited to the architecture 32bit or 64bit!

If you will order a Recovery Media from HP, you'll have to pay for it. If you could provide a 100% proof that your Laptop was Factory Pre-Installed with an MS Windows version, you may have to pay for the Media and Transpost/Shipping cost only. If you go to an HP Service station, you may have to pay a Service Charge, which could also be within Warranty if it's your fault why something didn't work any more.

In Thailand HP would charge you app. US$ 30.00 if you come within Warranty time with an Laptop from which you deleted the Recovery Partition of the original HDD. If the original HDD is changed already at an different place than an HP Service, you'll have to pay as well!

I hope that answers your questions regarding that HDD and Windows problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The amount that HP will charge me for disc < The original cost of disc for selling by MS ?

Or

The amount that HP will charge me for disc = The original cost of disc for selling by MS ?

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why pay, because the machine was supplied with recovery partiton and the option to make recovery dvd's but you did not make recovery dvd's and deleted recovery partition. So they will charge you for recovery disks.

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    My answer was already in my post: Re-Read again! It's about what you could proof to HP!

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If I wouldn't know how HP is acting in Thailand, I would agree with you!

HP will also charge you if you bought that PC/Laptop 2. hand and you're not the original 1. buyer, even within Warranty! And for a Recovery Media they'll charge you anyway, or if you changed the original HDD!

Minimum Charge in Thailand would be THB 800.00 + 7% VAT for any Service. Recovery Media are THB 1,000.00 per DVD.

18. f33nix

f33nix MDL Member

Apr 4, 2012
    This is the weirdest thread I have come across in a long time.
    Just make a Windows 7 OEM recovery disk that is clean of the HP bloat and load this... then you will not need to use anything like Daz to activate it.

If the machine still has the sticker on the case for Windows 7 Home Premium then as long as you load the same version who is to know or fight about it being "legal" etc.

I have made Windows 7 OEM disks that will activate on the OEM machines only, do I worry about MS... no as it will not activate on non-OEM equipment. (I am aware that you can if you load Daz but that is not something I would do)
    If you buy this HP disk then you are buying a disk that will only activate on HP machines and will contain tons of bloated software that you will probably never use... just make your machine slower so cannot see the benefit.

Also a CD in the hand does not make the machine "legal" in any sense of the word, if the OEM license sticker is not on the machine then you are not licenced.

Time for a drink :drink: have one too and things will be much clearer.

19. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ f33nix, don't know why you mention not to use Daz loader it is not being installed, but only used to Pre -Activate by installing correct oem:slp key and certificate if using a Windows 7 Home Premium dvd.