Need an Old win95c on VMware fully working ???

Discussion in 'Virtualization' started by coromonadalix, Nov 6, 2017.

1. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    hello

Has anyone made an windows 95c "osr 2.5'' virtual machine and made it work on recent computers ???

IE: i have installed the cpu patches (aka amdk6, and the cpu fix over 2.1ghz) even tried unofficial patches ...

Even found an : Microsoft Windows 95 [VMware VM].7z on the web, still no luck

I always start with problems, windows protection failures .... but it will load ok only in safe mode, i've read tons of pages for the problems, none really worked well.

I have a very old software who works only in win95, win 98se in compatibility mode works 50/50, and totally fail under XP with compatibility modes.

I have Vmware 14 on win 10 entreprise 64 bits, I7-4700k @ 4ghz

thks

2. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Does it need to by VMware? Could try another host. VMware is more of a hypervisor, not really suited to old OS's.

Try the older Microsoft Virtual PC, or Oracle VirtualBox or QEMU etc.

Does it have to be 95c? I've not tried that recently in VMware but I've run Win95 original and Win95b in WMware.

3. Windows 95 works fine in VMWare.
    I've installed it a few months ago.

4. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Managed to do it, created an iso with the cpu patches put in the setup root, extracted the setupc.inf from a cab, added a line, put 10 files, and compiled and installed fine, but sometime glitchy ??? zipped the vmware machine just in case, but if i applies some of the microsoft official patches it crashes ??? and will only work in safe mode.

The vmware i found (w95b) works better and is more stable ... to make my old software run and do its job, i only need a serial port at 2400 baud.

thks all

5. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    I had Windows 95c working no problems.. All tricky to do that..