Need ASUS P5K series bios file *backup*

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by rorotux, Mar 1, 2012.

1. rorotux

rorotux MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2010
    Hello,

I have an problem with an P5K after update bios, my network mac adress is lost. :(

For resolve it, I need an backup of bios and corresponding mac adress of network card of motherboard (can find it on sticker on motherboard or on software, like ifconfig).

With this, I think I can retrieve mac adress on rom backup for make an new rom image with my network mac adress.

Or, if anyone know exactly where is mac adress on this bios file... :biggrin:

:worthy::worthy:

P.S: sorry for my poor english ... o_O

2. JeepWillys58

JeepWillys58 MDL Addicted

Nov 6, 2010
    Dear Colleague,
    Describe any steps you made​​, all without missing anything, and tell me where you downloaded the file to update the bios and also his version, with this information, maybe I can tell you a solution ...

I await your return ...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. troels

troels MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    It happens when you downgrade the bios (to a lower number). I got another network card - not expensive, you might even upgrade to GB.

4. rorotux

rorotux MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2010
    Hi,

Not, just upgrade bios to last version of asus official... If you program all blocks of bios mac adsress is lost... :(
    I want understand, but I have the solution, just need one extracted P5K bios and mac adress corresponding. Yes I can put another network card, I also can use an software tool for "change" mac adress, but I want put it on my bios :biggrin:

Thx u!