Need guidance flashing 25LB128 on bricked Flex 5-14ARE05

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by h8isgr8, Mar 5, 2021.

1. h8isgr8

h8isgr8 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2010
    My daughters Flex 5 4500U bricked yesterday during an update. She said it started beeping loudly at midnight so she held the power button down until it turned off so it wouldn't wake her roommates. :/

I'm trying to follow the instructions I found here... zedt.eu/tech/hardware/how-to-update-bios-on-an-amd-ryzen-motherboard-the-hardware-way/

When I try to use UEFI Tool to extract the .bin file it just gives me a .raw file that's the exact same size as the .cap file (16.5MB). I can get a 16MB file by going down two levels to a GUI string and extracting that, but I don't know if that's correct or not. I need to know what to do so I don't wipe out the serial number, etc. I don't actually have a programmer yet; it should be here tomorrow.

The laptop is still technically under warranty, but I installed a WiFi 6 module and larger NVME. I don't know how Lenovo support will react to that. Plus she needs it ASAP for college, so shipping it out for warranty service will really cause a headache.

Thanks