Need Help - After bios update windows wont load, crashes, reboots

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by TOMBO COMBO, Jan 27, 2013.

1. TOMBO COMBO

TOMBO COMBO MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #1 TOMBO COMBO, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    Motherboard: Foxconn Bloodrage X58 lga1366
    Windows 7 ultimate

I just updated my bios from a modded P09 version bios. It was modded using the 0+2 method and worked flawless.

So I updated the bios to version P11 using the same 0+2 method. Then s**t went bad.

Every time I boot windows it crashes at the animation screen, sometimes freezes or reboots. It starts in safe mode though.

I tried to reinstall windows 7 and after the disk loads it freezes or reboots every time. I tried using ahci mode and ide mode, used a sata dvd drive and a ide dvd drive. Nothing will budge.

Can my bios mod be causing this behavior, maybe the ACPI tables are screwed. like i said version P09 did not do this. I am not able to downflash either.

If someone could take a look at this bios and tell me what mod method I should use.

I also tried using my dual bios chip and it gives me a bios cheksum error with that bios version.

Thanks

Bios page from manufacturer http://www.foxconnsupport.com/download.aspx?models=en-us0000430&category=C000000001&brand=en-us0000001&Series=en-us0000011&chipset=en-us0000145&keywords=&sort=