Need help after flash bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by izh34, Nov 5, 2009.

1. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I had flash my friend's laptop, acer 4530, for SLIC 2.1 but there is problem here. After flash, I can't enter the windows. It said my startup corrupted and need to be repair. Even after I use system restore, I still can't enter the startup. Can anyone help me here? Is this the problem of flashing bios? Cuz I only did was flashing the bios.

2. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    #2 shakeyplace, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    I can't answer that, but what I would do is, flash back to original bios - does that make any difference, if not then
    1. try pressing F8 before the startup repair and attempt booting to last known good configuration or safe mode (maybe get to syatem restore (did you try all possible restore points) from there if it isn't disabled)
    2. build or download a WinPE disk, try booting to the disk...
    3. ask myself, do I normally shut down the computer, or just hibernate/sleep and if the latter is true, is there any software that was installed lately
    4. After startup repair finishes unsuccessfully there is a screen, I believe the first choice just shuts down the PC (supposedly to make hardware changes if that is the root of the trouble), the second choice brings you to a screen where you can select advanced options