Need Help - cannot boot due to 'oem-drv64.sys' file corruption after AC power failure

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by n9nu, Jun 14, 2013.

1. n9nu

n9nu MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    Hello

The severe weather around Chicago the other day caused a lot of us to loose power and unfortunately this time one of my PC's was on during the at that time and when I went to turn it back on, I received a rude BSOD which stated that my 'boot device was inaccessible'. I narrowed down the problem to the Windows 7 boot loader that was used upon installation; the modified 'Windows 7 Activator' utility that modifies some of the startup files.

Upon running 'Startup Repair' via the Win 7 DVD (which failed), I found the logs which stated the problem was a 'bad driver'. The filename is 'oem-drv64.sys' which is located in the System32/Drivers/ folder within Windows. I have tried renaming that file as well as renaming all the files within C:/Windows/Setup/SCRIPTS/ folder (i.e. SetupComplete.Cmd) thinking they would be bypassed, however, I have had no luck.

Is there a way to possible re-install the Win 7 Activator utility (or the updated version thereof) to repair the needed files or possibly other things I can do via the Command Prompt to completely remove all the offending files as to successfully boot up? The only other thing I did was rebuild the boot loader manually via the BCD type commands. The system loads fine up until it tries to process that oem file, but nothing more. I can access all my drives, so that is not an issue.

I need someone that knows specifically how to completely remove this Activator or how to re-install it via the command prompt manually.

Tnx

Tim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009