need help for dell xps 710 slic2.1

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by snowice, Oct 22, 2009.

1. snowice

snowice MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    The link for XPS 710 no more active http://www.sendspace.com/file/7lh3ks .....can anyone re upload? thanks :)

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nineteenseventy

nineteenseventy MDL Novice

May 28, 2009
    #4 nineteenseventy, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
    410vs710.jpg
    thanks, shakeyplace! this works fine on my pal's XPS 710 tower... (these are huge computers, too!)
    --> note to others: as with many of these Dell BIOSes, you run the executable (in Windows only; it won't work in DOS) and just WAIT - don't touch anything. it won't look like it's doing anything, but it is!
    a minute or three later, it should reboot, update the BIOS on startup, and then continue starting Windows.
    on ours: I ran XPS710.exe from inside a folder on the desktop- it created a whole mess of 'temporary' files that it needs alongside itself in that folder- don't delete any of them until it restarts!

I imagine that if you ran the XPS710.exe file without being in it's own folder, as in- directly on the desktop- then it would create all those temporary files and scatter them on the desktop- which might be disconcerting to some.
    no matter where they are- leave 'em be, and let the computer sit there!

anyway- my friend's machine is now running Dell Windows 7 x86.
    thanks again.