[Need help] How to restore imei in samsung after clearing efs.

Discussion in 'Android' started by LoverOfLove, Dec 22, 2017.

1. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    so here is my situation,,
    a samsung gt s7262 was in factory mode. i was trying to solve it and in this i tried phone efs clear option in odin.
    i didnt know efs was very important and i shouldnt touch it.
    but later i flashed another efs with odin i found on internet.
    now my phone is working without factory mode and network is working but it have diffrent imei.

now i want to restore my original imei.

i tried to edit imei file in efs folder after rooting phone but after that network is not working.

i've tried z3x box cracked to replace imei but after that network is not working.

i want to make imei permanent and xpoz method is temporary so i dont want that.

if you know any way to restore my imei permanent then please help me.
    thank you..

2. secgeek

secgeek MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2018
    Ever made nandroid backup? If made, then EFS can be extracted from it.

However, if no backup of EFS was made, then you can't recover, it's gone.

3. fabre gastro

fabre gastro MDL Junior Member

May 29, 2018
    there is a warez tool, i used it to recover my friends, i could fix the IMEI and also edit the serial number even change the wifi mac address. but its a warez and i don't think its allowed here or even anywhere.
    i still haven't figured out why changing IMEI is a crime, because the quartz present in the chipset creates unique frequency when connecting to BTS. May be its yet another "What you do is illegal because it will pull our sales down, so your method even though it works and harmless is still illegal, because we wont make profit if its used. period and now shut up and stop hagging like an idiot, we mean monnehhhhhhhhhh... get it."
    and honestly IMEI really makes no sense, if you can set up your own bts using openbts and a good hardware like umtrx you can fake/clone any phone on this planet, yes even LTE, you need 2 umtrx to clone a 4g phone on the fly, because the principles of optics and photonics can never change no matter what lame excuse you give.
    gah still, i am happy i recovered my friend's phone and he considers me as robinhood, the prince of thieves, one who robs the riches and gives it to needy and poors.