Need Help! HP DV7-6015TX Bios unlock

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by rivfader, May 27, 2011.

1. rivfader

rivfader MDL Novice

May 27, 2011
    Hey everyone i'm very new to this all and do not understand a lot of it so please bear with me. I recently purchased a HP model DV7-6015TX and straight away developed problems with it.

So I decided to do a clean OS install (Win 7 x64) but there is a problem with the installer asking for a CD/DVD driver. I have been told that the way around this is to disable AHCI, but my bios does not have an option to do so.. i've learned that it's there, but the option is hidden, locked away.

I was just reading a thread where the user had a similar problem, "[Need Help] Disable AHCI Mode in HP Pavilion DV7-1245dx" (cant link) and I am wondering would somebody please be able to help me with this? It's a similar laptop. I know there is a request forum on here, but I am not sure on the process I should go through or info that I need to provide? All I know is that it's Insyde H2O bios F.07, and there is something else that says SMBIOS VERSION 2.7 these are from System Information.

If someone could help me I would very much appreciate it, as without anyone's help i'm afraid that i'm stuck on this one. Surely someone can help?

Thank you in advance :)

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009