need help injecting modified video rom lenovo t500

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Wobble, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Wobble

Wobble MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2008
    i have managed to successfully decompress my phoenix bios for my lenovo t500 and found the rom file for the radeon 3650m thats in my model. i then updated the clocks with RBE to what i set with AMDGPU clock tool. however i cant for the life of me figure out all these archaic utilities to inject the rom file back into the decompressed rom. any help doing so would be greatly appreciated. id love a step by step so that i could reproduce it on subsequent bios updates released by lenovo (i did a marker update no need to SLIC mod every release) or a bat file to do it. however if thats not possible ill gladly take a modified rom.

I didn't post in the main thread due to this not being an SLIC mod. infact the modifying is all ready done its just the putting the bios back together. ill be uploading the 3 files (uncompressed rom file, original OPROM00.ROM file and the modified one) copy and paste the link and fix the HTTP :)

hssp://rapidshare.com/files/441551274/t500_video_mod.rar

2. TTAV134

TTAV134 MDL Expert

Mar 1, 2009
  3. Wobble

Wobble MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2008
    the marker update i found on the MDL fourms its allready listed and well documented here :) ill try with andyP's tool latest version as well :) ive been using pheonix bios editor pro or the phoenix SLIC too dump the bios but no luck rebuilding with a new module (the SLIC tool over writes the dump) however i didnt know about this method. ill be trying it right now.

RBE is radeon bios editor its used to edit clocks on ati bios files. you can find it at techpowerup.

4. Wobble

Wobble MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2008
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help i figured there was a stupid easy way of doing it just i could not find a thread! your post should be sticked as a guide for module replacement ^.^

5. TTAV134

TTAV134 MDL Expert

Mar 1, 2009
    thanks for readers of this post "the marker update i found on the MDL fourms its already listed and well documented here" will not really help them!

6. Wobble

Wobble MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2008
    #6 Wobble, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
    (OP)
    good point i found it here! hssp://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/9055-SLP-Marker-File-Update-Utility

had to butcher the http due to my n00b status if a mod would like to fix the post go for it! :)

i used the new official lenovo tools however my thinkpad isnt a huge fan of booting to dos off USB sticks i ended up having to build a floppy emulation boot CD with the files injected however once booted to dos the utilities worked as advertised.

i also recently wrestled with an SLIC mod on i think it was a ideapad y530 and i couldnt update the marker or do a standard SLIC mod easily due to the RDST table only being half updated however the solution i found was to get a matching named SLIC dump and patched with phoenix tool then with out issue. :)

UPDATE: bios flashed system booted no video had to revert with a blind flash (didn't brick the laptop though just the embedded graphics card not bios recovery though!)