Need HELP! Motherboard issues

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by markedbyalantattoos, Mar 20, 2012.

1. markedbyalantattoos

markedbyalantattoos MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Hello all. I have a question maybe someone out here has had the same issue as me or maybe one similar. I recently got a motherboard from my cousin. He said that he didnt know the deal with the board becuase it was given to him.

Okay about the mainboard. its a evga board. Nf70. Lga775 With ddr2 ram support. Im stumped with this damn thing already..... Processor is a q8200 2.33 core2quad processor. Board posts fine. Does all memory testing and what not. Now heres the issue. I have tryed many windows disks and even reburned from fresh Iso's. I have also tryed windows xp and have come to the same or similar outcomes.

A fellow digital life member gave me a Windows 7 disk that has all the certs on it. When i use this disk The install loads like it should however when it comes time to select the format drives screen it pops up with a box that says its missing cd/dvd drivers then prompts for you to remove the 7 disk and instert a driver cd. When i try the oem compaq or dell windows 7 disk It goes to first part where it says loading files after the screen flickers and it makes it second pass the computer powers off. Same thing for the windows xp disk. Any ideas?

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    has the bios been modded? Set bios settings to default unless you want ACHI then turn it on. Try giving it the driver for the on board drive controller when it asks for drivers.

3. markedbyalantattoos

Jul 24, 2009
    no the bios hasnt been modded. and was going to try that but figured i would ask before i tryed again i needed to step away before i smashed it and turned it into a toaster oven

4. markedbyalantattoos

Jul 24, 2009
    Just a update. I dont know what i did but i did a bios default reset and changed the harddrive and it took windows. Just modded bios with acer 2.1 slic gonna try to make a new oem windows 7 dvd here in a second. Thanks much redroad appreciate the help. :)

5. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Your welcome . Post back with any questions or results :friends2: