Need help Windows 10 wont install always failing

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by robmadden1, Jul 30, 2015.

1. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I need help I dont know whats wrong everytime I try to install windows 10 upgrade it just fails nomatter what I do. I am out of options on what to do. I dont want to have to reformat my pc and do a clean install. I have tried through windows updates and the creation tool and it just refuses to instll and I dont kniw what the problem is. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Microsoft wont give me any help.

2. eddiethc

eddiethc MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2012
    my friend had same issue make sure u have everything unplugged like printers external usb devices web cam also if u have a lot of hard drives unplug all except the one u want windows on an then give it a go so in the end u want keyboard mouse monitor an speakers hope this helps

3. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    should I remove my usb wifi adaptor also?

4. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    perhaps your download is corrupted. try download the ISO and run setup.exe within your windows !

5. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thats what I did with the media creation tool and it keeps failing. I am trying to see now if removing my usb wifi card helps. I am on my internal one for now that is a piece of junk intel branded one.

6. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I even tried removing my usa wifi card just now and it still failed going to try with this iso en_windows_10_multiple_ditions_x64.iso. If this fails I am out of things to try. I do have everything unplugged from my hp laptop just the power cord is plugged in.

7. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    still can't get it to install from an iso image. I have no idea what to do to get it to install now.