Need help with DAZ Loader repair disc.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wade7575, Apr 4, 2010.

1. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    My friend used the DAZ 1.7.7 loader and his computer will not restart now,I have tried the loader repeair disc by DAZ but I can not figure out how to use it for sure I went to the recovery for 64 Bit and then pressed enter but it will not let me enter the comand fixme,can someone give me a step by step on how to fix this.Also can I take the harddrive out of his PC and do a full reformat to fix the problem or is the problem in his bios.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Sounds like he is just having a reboot problem and this common for daz loader occasionally. Look in repository for Secion 6-H those commands are what you need to use to clear the boot partion of loader to try other mode. The live loader daz deal is for tesing those modes and recovery. Try putting disk in and then repair in cmd line with those commands then try next mode. Not sure but you might be able to just at boot click f8 then repair. I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm incorrect:)

3. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    I got it to do a repair with the Windows 7 disc I used to install it,I would still like DAZ to add his 2 cents on this subject,what I would like to know is if you can't get the DAZ loader cd to work can you just perform a full reformat to wipe out what has been messed up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Until Daz comes I'd say yes use kill disk to clear disk then reinstall RTM. Lot of people have success with that.

5. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
  6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #6 timesurfer, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    I think he got back into windows he just wants to know since the hidden partitions that mess with loader placement should he use kill disk to clear then with re-installing windows that loader might have success.

@wade7575

Did you try the other modes like alternative and forceful?
    The live loader will test those for you without having to get stuck at restart problem

7. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    I tried the default mode first then alternative and that's where all the problems started.

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    When using the live loader & recovery ISO you just burn it, insert it and then boot from it. Select the option 'Windows 7 Recovery (x64)' and then once that boots up you want to select command prompt. From command prompt you can enter the command 'fixme' which will restore your Windows system to booting order.

In your case you likely need to enable the 'Disable random file padding' option when installing the loader, just use version 1.7.9.

9. wade7575

wade7575 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    I tried to use the 64 bit Recoverymode but when I hit the enter key it just tried to reload windows again with out giving me an option to enter the fixme command,DAZ I was wondering if I ever have this problem again can I use kill disc to wipe out the problem or can I just do a reformat.

10. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Well the Windows 7 disk should offer the same feature, at command prompt you instead just have to enter a different command: bootsect.exe /nt60 all