Need Help with Metro Apps.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by smoker7808, Mar 15, 2014.

1. smoker7808

smoker7808 MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2014
    Hello MDL!
    So I have recently formatted my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8.1 downloaded from TPB uploaded by murphy.
    I can't paste the link because I have 0 post, so I will you guys exact name of the torrent that I download.
    Name of the torrent : Windows 8.1 AIO S14 x64 en-US DaRT 8.1 Pre-Activated Mar2014
    Uploaded of the torrent : murphy78

Okay so the problem is, I play Online game a lot. Like Call of Duty and Counter Strike etc., So I don't want my Latency or Ping to go high and my game start to lag. Is there anyway to disable the metro apps ?
    I have selected all apps and sitch off "Live Tile" , so seem that it is not working. Is there anyway to disable metro apps completely so that I don't get high ping. I have just now formatted and nothing is installed other than "Steam". So nothing else using consuming internet but metro apps.
    Hope you guys can help me.
    Thanks a lot.

2. hellowasif

hellowasif Guest

#2 hellowasif, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Yes u can uninstall metro apps to do so right click on a metro app and select uninstall as simple as that ...!!!
    and there are some solution as well

[h=2]Solutions[/h]1) Switch to a wired connection
    2) Close any bandwidth intensive programs
    3) Restart your network hardware
    4) Bypass extraneous network hardware
    5) Disable your Firewalls
    6) Setup Quality of Service rules for your router
    7) Check if the issue is on the Internet Service Provider's side

3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You can right-click on stuff in the metro and uninstall them.
    Your issue seems like you are torrenting on a wifi connection tho.
    If you're on a cabled connection getting those problems you might want to upgrade your lan drivers.

4. Windows user

Windows user MDL Senior Member

Sep 11, 2012
    You can uninstall the metro apps or you can just disable them from the firewall...that way the apps won't be able to connect to the internet :D