need help with seting up a homegroup - windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by fibola, Nov 28, 2012.

1. fibola

fibola MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2011
    hi,
    im tring to make a homegroup network with my 2 computer.
    1 is near the router (the main pc) and the other one is at the livingroom near the t.v
    both pc has windows 7 (main one has 64BIT premium and the livingroom has 32bit home edition) .
    i created a homegroup at the main pc and tried to connect with the livingroom one but after i enter the uniqe key its says that it cannot connect .
    also i notice that when i tried to connect both pc , the main one could connect to the internet.

ahhh i didnt mentioned that the main pc is connected to a router with cable and the connection with the livingroom pc is made by a wirless usb to the router.

hope you understand what is going on .......
    :confused:

help n e 1 ?
    thanx

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #2 redroad, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Have you tried the network trouble shooter? The link on on the "Network and Sharing Center" panel.

4. fibola

fibola MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2011
    hi,
    i follow the guide but i after i enter the password in the secondary pc i get a message that the password is incorrect.
    i re-enter and check password again and again but its keep give me this error.
    I swear that the password i enter is correct (case sensitive and all that crap) .
    what could it be ?

5. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    @fibola

If you are sure you have following redroad ans PhaseDoubt advices (sharing allowed, home network.......), please check this after :

-Both of your computer you try to connect must have same date and time
    -If Your two computers use the same logon user password please make them different.
    -You say it's your second computer which related you passwords error, just for be sure check if AZERTY or QWERTY keyboard setting is right for you.

Also you can delete all files in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking,but keep the last directory, and restart your computer.

windsman.

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #6 PhaseDoubt, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    On all my Windows 7 machines, I left the HomeGroup since I see no practical use for it. All my sharing (when I do share) is done via the context menu sharing options. Sharing works very well that way and I have total control over what I want shared and who gets to see it on an individual basis.

I see nothing intrinsically wrong with a HomeGroup, I just found it to be redundant and bothersome.

7. Darylmau

Darylmau MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    I recently been having similar problems...The advice given by vymrdal, was my solution, also...But I found that leaving the homegroup, then joining again helped.
    Goodluck and hope your situation has resolved itself, fibola