Need new RAM unable to figure out specs of existing RAM

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by treacherous_hawk, Mar 25, 2016.

1. treacherous_hawk

treacherous_hawk MDL Junior Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before, RAM in my Acer Aspire V5 laptop is damaged and i need to purchase new RAM. I am not sure what all specs need to be matched before going for new RAM. Currently i had 4 GB DDR3 1333MHz ram and i think there are lot more things than these to match before buying a new one. My RAM currently reads: 4GB. 2RX8.PC3-10600S-9-10-F2.1333. Please guys need your advise to understand what all could be figured out from what currently is written on RAM and what all should i look for to find best match.

Regards.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    From experiences with Acer Laptops and Memory, I could say, most of limits are published are too low! I 'upgraded' quite some Acer Laptops to the double amount than the spec were showing as limit! Example: Aspire 4752 GB announced max 2 x 4GB and works much better with 2 x 8GB! So it's with many others.

The best way to find out, take the Laptop to a Shop and test it, most shops will be happy for to do that, because they need to sell Memories also!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...