Need Password

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Caligranni, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Caligranni

Caligranni MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2014
    Hi,I just got a Dell Latitude D-630 and I need a password for it. I don't know why I didn't think to ask for it. The service # is CY793F1I would really appreciate any help.Thank-you!

2. sunilk

sunilk MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    does this trick work with all dell laptops

3. Jack900

Jack900 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2014
    I'm agree with coleptere2007. This is a best option to you.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    no. newer ones have different hash code for pass and needs newer generator thats very hard to find.

usually dumping the bios and ec chips you can compare it to a clean one or known password one and find the spots in offsets where its at.. not always works tho. some are encrypted and cant be flashed back cleaned.

5. dougwa

dougwa MDL Junior Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Hello Caligranni,
    I myself had the devil's own time trying to unlock a pal's Inspiron - the online password generated passes didn't work, and the "paperclip method" of shorting pins 3 and 6 on the BIOS chip didn't work either. Finally I found a data sheet for its chip and learned that I had to short pins 2 and 7 while booting (not 3 and 6 per the online advice i was finding).
    Believe me, this is not a task for a novice. But I wish you good luck - I hope you get it done.
    ps: there's a couple foreigners online who will provide the pass for a LOT of money... alternatively, you can buy a properly programmed bios chip off ebay for under $20, but you need the skill to swap it out.

6. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Just to verify: Shorting pins 2 and 7 did work for you? And which model(s) of Inspiron does this work for?