Need some help with Folder Lock please.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jetjock, May 23, 2010.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I had Folder Lock 6.4.1 installed, registered and working fine. Last time I opened it, it said that trial period had ended and I had "X" number of uses left. I tried registering with all three serial numbers and registration keys that I had, but all three came up bogus. Since the only way to uninstall that program is to use it's own uninstaller (Revo-Uninstaller doesn't even see it for security reasons by Folder Lock I assume) the old registration info gets left behind in the registry and, since every download I've found uses the same registration numbers, I can't figure a way to reinstall it. I searched the registry for "Folder Lock" with no luck so I can't remove entries manually.

Does anyone have any suggestions that will allow me to reinstall Folder Lock?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    yes try buying the program, also try searching the registry for NewSoftwares that is the company who make it.

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yes, you must block the internet to it if you are using a pirated copy. Just block the program via your firewall and use a different key or buy it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I tried disconnecting the modem completely, but it keeps saying my registration is incorrect so I can't even finish installing. I'll try looking for NewSoftwares in the registry as urie suggested. I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable price for it, but $40 for what it does is pretty steep!!

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hey jetjock, check ur PM.......

6. Javy

Javy MDL Novice

May 5, 2010
    How about posting the solution here in case others have the same problem?