Need some info

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by killercat, Jul 3, 2010.

1. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    Can anyone tell me how a computer reacts when it's being hacked? Need some information..+ for general knowledge. Sorry im posting this here but i just feel like i'm being hacked by someone..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Well.. depends on what the hacker is doing, but why would a hacker hack your computer? do you have military intelligence documents oO?

3. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    dint get you? o_O i think my msn chat logs or my msn itself ;(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Looks more like a trojan/virus/... than being "hacked" like in the movies. But I'm not a virus expert so I'm afraid I can't help much here. Did you do a virusscan? Maybe you can post a hijackthis log also

5. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    okay im doing it but what do i post here? like from my results from hijackthis?

6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    After you scan using hijackthis, copy and paste the logfile which you should get in a notepad window.
    I personally doubt you are being hacked but if you are really worried why not use Zone Alarm or Peerblocker.

7. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
  8. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    The log file does not show much to worry about. However there is one entry that does grab my attention......

This looks like the remains of something you could have previously removed. Best bet is to run a malware scan but other than this i think you have nothing to worry about. ;) :D

9. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Also a good idea my friend. ;)

10. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    thank you :)

11. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Most welcome, post back here if problems persist. ;)

12. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    is there any guide for analyzing the report of hijackthis?????

13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Might I suggest you begin to learn how to use the program wireshark. You can watch any traffic on your network and any IP's that might be "after" you will be easily visable with that software

14. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Experience mainly would be the answer, although you can submit reports for analasys. ;)

15. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    #15 rupsd, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    here??
    Well I like to learn.Don't wanna depend on others. :D
    And anyways if someone tries to hack my coms or lappies he will be wasting time only :p

16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
  17. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010
    #18 killercat, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    (OP)
    just to let you'll knowo_O i installed zone alarm and rebooted a few times cos it asked me too,once after rebooting my boot up got slow and laggy.i had to open task manager by pressing Ctrl.Alt.Del. and thought it would be better to uninstall it,my computer is better now but im still afraid of any kind of hack:(

18. killercat

killercat MDL Member

May 28, 2010

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall blocks hackers from infiltrating your home PC by hiding your computer from unsolicited network traffic. By detecting and preventing intrusions, ZoneAlarm Free Firewall keeps your PC free from viruses that slow down performance, and spyware that steals your personal information, passwords, and financial data.

* Essential firewall protection
    * Be invisible to others online
    * New interface makes it even easier - smaller size keeps it light
    * Systematically identifies hackers and blocks access attempts

and and yes could anyone tell me what
    * Be invisible to others online * this means?:eek:

19. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    If an attacker can't see your IP like in use of peerblock they can't see your packets thus what you are downloading or what sites you engage

Usually a non-proxy vpn is how most stay "invisible" to anyone wanting access to your network traffic, etc...