Need the original bios for audio to work

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by VGCRB60G, Jun 18, 2008.

1. VGCRB60G

VGCRB60G MDL Novice

May 28, 2008
    Guys a couple weeks ago I flashed PR94510J.04T.0121.2007.0129.2113 on my VGCRB60G. For the past 3 weeks even after doing clean installs I still get a code 10 error with my sigma tel audio unable to start up or function. I tried contacting Larat and other members if they could point me to the original bios. Sony does not have the bios available at their website but only the chipset driver. Everything works fine except for my audio not functioning. I accidently flashed the moded bios twice which means my previous original bios is long gone. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    #2 jroc, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
    that is a **** shame..that Sony is being a *** about that BIO's...maybe you can get lucky and keep seaching and posting..and find someone who has the same laptop and be able to backup the BIO's and send it to you...however have you tried 'updating' drivers for the audio...im not sure how how the BIO's would effect this if just the 'SLP' was added unless something else was tampered with...I also assume your using the same OS that came with your laptop?

3. VGCRB60G

VGCRB60G MDL Novice

May 28, 2008
    Well it was a result of doing a Vista transcoding from the Vista section. Larat, a member of this forum probably has the original bios, but my efforts of messaging him is to no avail because he hasn't logged on in like a month. My conclusion is because I'm still running Windows XP Media Center and not Vista, the moronic transcoding is what has left my audio unable to function with Media Center. If I modify the current bios to leave out the Vista transcoding part it might solve everything as I don't plan to run Vista.