Need Windows 8 drivers for Nextbook Flexx 11

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JBenal, Feb 18, 2016.

1. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Bought this at Walmart with Windows 10 intending to install Linux on it, but it has 32-bit UEFI, so until Linux catches up, I'll be using Windows. I installed 8 Enterprise, but it didn't have support for sound or WiFi. What's odd is that I installed 10 Enterprise and everything works perfectly out of the box. But I'd rather have Windows 8.1 installed. If anyone bought one of these with Windows 8 I would be very grateful if you could use a program like Iobit Driver Booster and make a backup of the drivers and upload it somewhere. If you use a different program other than Iobit, I'll just install that program and use it to restore the drivers after I install 8 (again). Thanks.

I searched for Flexx on the forum and didn't get any hits, so hopefully someone here has one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe just to set the Driver to Windows 8/8.1 compatibility, will solve the driver problem! Normally it works well!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Just made an interesting discovery. I'm using Iobit Driver Booster 3.2 Pro. I backed up all the drivers on the Flexx 11. They are all stored with an extension of .dbb. Using a hex editor I found that they are actually zip files. I renamed some to .zip, opened them and found they are all the drivers that the program downloads, in a usable format. And they are not limited to Windows 10. For instance, the wireless driver is actually "FOR XP/Vista/Win7/Win8" - that's the the .inf file. Tomorrow I'll install Windows 8.1 and apply the drivers. Got my fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

4. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Iobit Driver Booster was a bust. I saved the drivers in Windows 10, but when I installed Windows 8, Driver Booster wouldn't restore them from the backup. Also, Driver Booster wasn't much good at installing the correct drivers in Windows 8 (although it was fine in Windows 10). After much googling I was able to scrape together all the drivers - some of them I had to find the Vendor ID in Device Manager - and get everything working, including screen autorotation, cameras, sound, everything.

Nextbook tech support and web site were worse than useless.

flexx11.png