Neilo

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Neilo, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Neilo

Neilo MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2015
    Hi to everyone.
    I have a problem and I need some advice. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 Home Premium. It refuses to start. It goes as far as the "Starting Windows" page, and that's it. The coloured Windows logo only half forms then it goes to a start up repair page that doesn't work either. In fact nothing works. Not even startup repair software. I'll even un-install then re-install, but I can't get hold of a installation disk. Wrong type of product key. Desperate.
    Neilo.

2. spunky120158

spunky120158 MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2015
    If you live in the U.S., there is an on-line form that you can fill out to receive an installation disk for the operating system that Dell delivered with the computer. If the operating system for your 1545 was Windows 7, that is the installation disk you should receive: Dell Replacement Disk.

If you live outside the U.S., you will need to contact Dell Technical Support for the region in which you live and ask them for the installation disk. You can use the U.S. form as a guide to the information you will need in order to request the disk.

dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/media?c=us&l=en&s=dhs <---- had a link here for you but I dont have 20 posts as of yet. so if you have half a brain you'll know how to get there from here

Thats if you want it back to the way it was, drivers and OS should come with the package.
    Other wise just download 7 someplace, wipe the drive and reinstall.

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Tap your F12 key on your keyboard after the pc posts but before the windows logo appears. This should get you into a diagnosis screen to where you can check the status of your hard drive

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007