Network Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by petar, May 9, 2008.

1. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #1 petar, May 9, 2008
    Last edited: May 9, 2008
    I have Vista Ultimate x86 with CrackTCPIP.SYS installed.
    The network and torrents were working fine for several monts, until tonight.
    Well this is what hapens:
    When I start the torrent program after a while the whole network dies.
    No browsing at all, or any trafic at all.
    Windows shows that there is no problem with the network, when I run diagnostic.
    No 4226 error at event viewer.
    In the device manager and in proces explorer I can see that CrackTCPIP.SYS is loaded and working.
    When I try to trace route to random location, or even to my wireless router I cant pass Hop1, or said with other words I dont have acces even to my router.
    So logicaly I thougt there is problem with my router, he must be blocked.
    But how it is that windows shows that everithing is OK.. ???
    Next I shut down my torrnet program, and after a while everything started working as it should.
    When the network came to life, first thing that I did is restarted my router and checked the settings..everithing was OK.
    Restarted my system and checked for viruses and rootkits on other system while my OS was both online and offline...no malware was detected.
    I think of my self that I have enought expirience in detecting malware...I'm cleening computers to all my friends and naibors from malware.
    Next I turned on my torrent program and gues what the problem happend again.
    Tried reinstaling network drivers and CrackTCPIP.SYS, but the problem persisted.
    I havent instaled anything for the last week or so, and was browsing sites that I browse on dayli basis...no new or unsafe sites.
    It is true that I have set the number of connections in my torrent program to insane number 99999, knowing that I have only 65535 ports available.
    Anyway I have been using uTorrent with this settings for monts and havent expiriencing any problems.
    But now I cant rise the connection number to greater value then 200 or so, without having a problem.
    I've been doing all this testing with Autoprotect, Firewall, Intrusion Prevention and Spyware protection off.

Have anyone expirienced this kind of problem ???
    Any help will be welcomed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. A30N

A30N MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    Download the program "revo uninstaller" and use it to remove utorrent(its freeware). Make sure you select the advanced option, it will detect leftover registry entries. Then get the new beta for utorrent and give that a whirl. Lots of stuff has been updated and fixed.

3. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008

Thanks for the answer @A30N
    Already tryed that, but I was using Your Uninstaller, it does the same thing.
    I even checked for registry leftovers manualy.
    And I was using the latest version of uTorrent already.
    Tryed with other Torrent programs and the problem persists.:(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alternation

alternation MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2008
    same here, anyone has any ideals?

5. Larus

Larus MDL Novice

May 11, 2008
    And if you uninstall the cracked TCPIP driver ? How does it work then with original windows driver ?

6. Audiophile1178

Audiophile1178 MDL Novice

May 26, 2008
  7. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Just to note. I've never solved this issue.
    Tryed almost everything that came to my mind.
    Later working together with my ISP, I came to posible conlusion.
    That my pc was propably infected by a well hiden rootkit, who was using a great amount of permanently open ports, which I could not see open if there was not help from my ISP.

So as a final step I resorted to my backup DVD's and solved it all together.

Low tech solution with high tech resoults...:D