Networking Issues With Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Overseer, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Overseer

Overseer MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Could anyone possibly help with this matter ... I have just installed the abovementioned version of Windows 10, and cannot see any of the other PC's connected to the network as well as unable to see my NAS drive :(
    I have tried the various methods from Google to try get it working, but am failing dismally.

I would be eternally grateful if someone could possibly help with this frustrating problem. :confused::mad:

Regards
    P

2. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    this has nothing to do with LTSC. that a problem with all windows version, since they disabled SMB v1 because of security reasons.
    you can enable it on your own risk and then everything will work again. still, there are other ways to see your network devices again.

3. Overseer

Overseer MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Many thanks for the response, it's much appreciated.
    I have enabled it again, as well as several other so called fixes floating around on google and youtube ... none of them is working unfortunately :(
    Could you possibly enlighten me to as what the other way's are at all pls?

4. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    Enable smb1 ( workgroup are removed on windows 10 ) ! Check workaround

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BaT420

BaT420 MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    You need to enable insecure guest auth for network

i also enabled smb v1 in add remove features.

Change the AllowInsecureGuestAuth value to 1 to enable guest access to SMB2 shares.

1. Open the Registry editor by running the command 'regedit' from the run menu.

2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

3. Find the key AllowInsecureGuestAuth and change the value to 1.
    or do it via group policy

Change the following Group Policy setting to enable insecure guest access:

1. Open the Local Group Policy editor
    2. Go to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Lanman Workstation
    3. For the setting, "Enable insecure guest logons" right click and choose Edit.
    4. Choose "Enabled" and click OK

I had to do this on my 2 education installs a few weeks ago to get access to my share on my lan