Never 10 is Steve Gibson's latest program to stop Win-7 systems to Win-10 nag

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Palladin, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    @Mr GRiM

I am running a completely new (with disabled MSU) W7 X64 SP1, after a MAJOR system disk crash, that f***ed-up all my existing files [NO BACK UP!] due to the disabling of any new updates related to the free "giveaway" from M$ to upgrade for a genuine W10 Pro [I have W7 Ultimate] OS. In December of 2015 the system was entirely overridden by WU that totally neglected my well chosen updates (with disabling all W10 possibilities of controlling my choice of OS), this caused the crash after 18 hours continues update online, and four months later - today - new SSD system drive with new W7 X64 SP1 .iso (from USB stick) is running this system:clap:, again :biggrin:.
    Anyway, this is the wrong forum to write on my frustrating, er sorry; total anger against M$ and Windows for being such A-holes when I was one of the first "candidate" who is (and in fact was) targeted [and still am when going online via OS] from the global software company that entirely bares the blame in scratching the fully functional internal WD HDD.To that M$ is very well aware that this "accident" happened prior to their apologies on the Internet AFTER Users, Administrators, Guest, ..., on system have gone to the bitter end, after the BSODs and NTDLR is missing, that leaves NO possibility of recovering system disk unless back-up was made - :mad:.
    M$ excuses for the update to W10 are by this time widespread (old) news and do not help me at all!
    If I will chose to use the fragile, extremely ugly looking W8.1 "on steroids" UI, OS W10 Pro without adding a helluva lot of memory (RAM) - geez now I gave M$ the chance to use "their" OS again :beee: :eek: :( o_O - W must offer some very good (and fantastic) deal [of course 0$ - no cost!] and absolutely ensure stability with reliability in the future; Linux Mint is a very powerful contender in this case.

Your information in post #17 can become [very] useful tool to block the malicious software taking control over you with W10.
    After enabling updates in W7 ( 250 kbs'), the fix in Windows Registry Editor 5.00, is a very helpful welcome to try out :mushy:.

P.S.
    Sorry for the extensive writing with short description on this dead-end and morbid experience; luckily, a laptop did make a lot of difference as I got extensive help online with all this :worthy:.

2. El_Heffe

El_Heffe MDL Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. foxyrick

foxyrick MDL Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Just a heads-up... there's an update to Never10 to version 1.3 to make sure that Windows 10 files are completely deleted. From the site:

"All users of earlier versions should run v1.3 briefly
    to verify Win10 files have not been left behind"

It's explained on the site.

4. amanda

amanda MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Does not gwx control panel do the same? As I installed gwx on a relatives machine and it removed all Win ten "update".

5. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

So what will happen after july 29, does Microsoft place an update to remove windows 10 icon upgrade, since it wouldn't be free ?

6. cocotus.interruptus

cocotus.interruptus MDL Junior Member

Sep 8, 2014
    No, they'll start anothet "limited" Anniversary Upgrade offer in desperate attempt to get more data mining machines. :happybday:

7. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

#27 Smart86, May 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  8. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #28 oldsh_t, May 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  9. Smart86

Smart86 Guest

There wouldn't be any point in keeping it going since by then would be long enough, if people haven't upgraded by then they ain't going to after july29

10. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    The Never10.exe is up to v1.3.1 now - no mention on the site though...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Skugge

Skugge MDL Junior Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Hi

Do you have a download link?

Skugge

12. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
  13. Skugge

Skugge MDL Junior Member

Dec 17, 2007