New Changes in Windows 8.1 that I don't Like (help to change them back appreciated)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dlhak, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Seriously whats wrong with you people, these running apps are not running but suspended which will only leech away some memory and nothing else, if your memory gets short Windows will close em.. just ignore the apps, they don't make your PC slower.

And yes dragging them down and waiting until they flip will close the app and ALT+F4 also closes the App and not suspend them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bulldog147

bulldog147 MDL Member

Aug 5, 2009
    U can add google chorme, firefox when making windows 8.1 iso. So after installed your windows 8.1, your fave google chorme or firefox will be there ready.

3. Redmist77

Redmist77 MDL Novice

Dec 14, 2009
    Chrome, Firefox etc. do not have a 3D accelerated UI so you don't get the smooth zooming tablet experience that you get in IE10+. IE8 was slow and clunky compared to Chrome but those days are over...the new IEs are damn fast.

4. dlhak

dlhak MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Okay I found how to get rid of previous Installations Tabs on IE11 ... just delete history, I did it from IE11 Metro App.

Now I need IE Metro app to open up in full screen mode when I click on links on other apps (like People App)

5. shawnmos

shawnmos MDL Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Maybe a new iso to accept retail keys, but I wouldn't bother reinstalling. Any bug fixes will be pushed out over windows update.