New cpu

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Xavitutu, Jul 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Xavitutu

Xavitutu MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2018
    Hi,

I would like to renew my a10 7850k paired with a gtx 1050 ti. I've been looking at different options based on the i5 8400, the Ryzen 5 2600x and the i7 8700 (no k).

Currently, the pc will use it for games, university jobs and programming.

I have seen that the i5 8400 gets more fps than the ryzen, but that in demanding CPU games it is left behind by its use of 100% of the cpu and is surpassed by the ryzen thanks to its 6 threads of more. Another thing that attracts me to ryzen is the ability to multitask, which allows me to perform different actions while I can be playing.

The option of the i7 came to me by the approach of the Prime Day of Amazon, I think that with a small discount it can be an incredible option.

In addition, intel does not require a very powerful ram to have a better performance and can be mounted on cheaper motherboards. Then the i7 8700 is not as expensive as it could really be.

What do you think? Should I go for i5 or the i7 (in case of a small discount) or should I go for the ryzen?

Thank you!

2. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Delidding an intel waves your warranty bye bye, then you need a good cooler n they aint cheap. Ryzens include decent coolers, wraith ttower n the big wraith max's.

I would keep your 7850 system if its working ok and upgrade next year, ryzen 3000 and intel may have some new cpus that are spectre and meltdown safe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xavitutu

Xavitutu MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2018
    Well, when i'm playing i have the 100% of use(cpu) and 25-40% (gpu). I'm playing with this like two years. I read that the new 9th generation of intel will not be a incredible change so i decided to change my cpu now. I was trying to change it like 1 year but now i want it because I started my holidays like two weeks and i will use the pc a lot. Sorry if my english is bad, i'm trying my best ahhahh

Thanks!!