New Frenchie

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Sturmovik, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Sturmovik

Sturmovik MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2022
    Hi everyone,

Regards from France, IT freak since my teen age, I've started to "play around" with AMD Athlon X2 64 in something like 2006 or so, was a 5000+ with... two gigs of Corsair XMS2 and a single slot graphic card, 8600, then 9500GT...
    After that, and years of economy, I offered an i7 platform ! What a jump !
    i7 920 on X58 MSi motherboard, that I've soon overclocked above 4GHz, twelve gigs of Corsair Dominator, a "little" GTX-460, then 560Ti, then... (Ive to say my graphics cards were the only components that dont aged well !)

This is still my PC today... In 2009/10 I could obtain a Sata3/USB3 ready mobo but didn't made it, expansive. Today I am still using my venerable i7 on that reliable X58 Pro-E board. I had to replace the SSD few years ago by a Crucial, still doing well, despite Sata 2 limitations...

On games i've been never limited by CPU, so far. I also dont run brand new titles, and not often. I began to see the limits when working on Videos, or opening RAW pictures... You have to be patient.

Anyway, no lots of money, but lots of convictions, and the desire not to waste ! I plan to put two big HDD in RAID and that will come my "file keeper", until I could afford me a brand new platform !

Happy to be "back" in IT world, I want to tweak that PC until his end.