New kid on the block needs HELP with an ASUS U52F laptop

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by dakile, Jun 15, 2012.

1. dakile

dakile MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2012
    Guys and Gals I need help!!!!
    I have an ASUS U52F laptop, was using it in the morning left the power cord out and walked away, came back and tried to wake it but no go. I powered it off and tried to start it up again no luck there either. I have searched everywhere:mad: found a thread suggesting to remove the battery and power supply hold the power button for 45 sec. that worked but just the fan came on for about 2 min. then off. Had to repeat the process to get the fan on again. Tried a new battery, HD, everything short of a hammer.
    ASUS say's there is a bios reset button on the bottom but I'll be danged if I can find it.
    Anybody have a suggestion besides getting a MAC? This particular laptop is 2 month over the ASUS warranty period. The tech support from ASAS said take it to Best Buy and have them fix it :rofl6:.
    Please help if you can, you are my last resort besides the hammer.
    SOrry this is so long

2. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    if you go to best buy,you might as well buy another laptop,especially if ASUS support is useless,as always :D

3. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    It would vastly help if you posted in the correct forums.

Welcome to MDL, dakile.

4. griffinforrest

griffinforrest MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2012
    sounds like a problem with your memory/ ram. you could try taking both sticks out, and trying one at a time. along with the unplug- batt out- power button deal. for sure keep your old hdd too, chances are its not that. a computer will post with no hdd/sdd, but it will not without memory. maybe even take new hdd back and use that money to get a new kit of memory. good luck!:cap:

5. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Apparently we have quite different results with ASUS support. :movingtongue:

Dakile, if my memory serves, there is a reset "button". Well, I vaguely remember using a pin to press it, as it was more like a small reset "hole". Like the one in front bezel of optical drive for mechanical eject. Then again, perhaps I'm thinking different laptop? :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...