New Laptop—Win 10 Home only: very limited (upgrade to Pro?)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Beetlejuice7979, Mar 27, 2021.

1. cahmbandung

cahmbandung MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    It should work, coz i had changed may laptop OS to pro version too https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/solved-windows-10-home-to-pro.83105/
    Probably you typo to insert or need restart.
    Try again with any Internet connection OFF or without any VPN

2. Beetlejuice7979

Beetlejuice7979 MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2020
    I figured it out.

All you need to do is follow the instructions in post #3 https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...ry-limited-upgrade-to-pro.83315/#post-1652259 to upgrade to Pro. Ensure you're disconnected from the internet and let the "upgrade" process install the missing/required Pro files.

However, there's no mention on how to jump from Windows 10 Home to Windows Education. I'm not sure if I really need it, but I'd be curious to know if there was a way without having to do a clean or reboot install.

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Once you are on Pro, you can simply switch the key for the Education one. The switch will be instant.

4. deafsinger

deafsinger MDL Junior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Can I switch from Pro to Education or Enterprise with a generic key and then apply KMS_VL_ALL or any other activator?
    Do I have to disconnect from internet before just as we do from Home to Pro?

5. Beetlejuice7979

Beetlejuice7979 MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2020
    I may have some issues with my current installation of Windows 10 Home> Windows 10 Pro.

Based on the recovery options available via Windows 10, would I revert to Windows Home or Pro? I didn't intentionally change the back-up image on the laptop. I don't know if during the upgrade Windows 10 Pro changed the image to reflect the new version. Also, if the Windows activator tool would be removed or not.