New Microsoft Agreement = Deleted my Microsoft Account

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by GOD666, Mar 18, 2018.

1. T-N-Z

T-N-Z MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2013
    You must be very naive if you think that deleting an account is enough to stop them tracking you. They can still use cookies on your browser to collect your data and display such things as targeted ads. Google and Facebook is known for doing that, and I am sure Microsoft does that as well. As for myself I see no reason moving to Linux or other alternatives just because of "privacy", I am not that paranoid yet, but even Ubuntu tracks you nowadays. I used to dual boot into Manjaro, but for me Linux is just not here yet that I could use it as my everyday machine.

2. I have an addon on my browser that deletes cookies as soon a site's tabs are closed or inactive. I deleted my account to get rid of them: their useless notifications about their products, their changes, reminders that I don't use x product when I should...
    Only Ubuntu tracks you, and this is true because it became popular among non-technical people, people that expects the OS to do everything for them and not lift a finger - similar to Windows. You learn NOTHING by using Ubuntu.
    Linux has been there for many years, you just need to learn to use it, and not just expect the OS to do it for you.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    How could msft keep track of all the imaginary personalities? ;):D:D