New Network within the office

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by dragonfire665, Feb 4, 2010.

1. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Ok so here is the thing, we i work we use to be part of another company. We got bough so we are not part of that company any longer. However we are still logging in to their domain since we cant log in directly. I do have administrator password for all computers. But here is the situation. We finnally got new router and everything with new IPs so we can now use our own IPs. But how can i delete all accounts within all computers including the administrator account and make all computers boot up normally with no need of password requirement and start fresh by setting up this new network in the office. (I know the network part, but what i am having difficulties and making the administrator account dissapper, like if i just installed Windows XP and im working of my pc HDD not the domain/server hdd)

Any suggestions, if im not clear enough please just ask me and ill do my best in explaining some more.

We are running Windows XP SP3 on all computers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Re-image the machines with your standard image?

You do NOT make administrator account dissapper

You really ought to have passwords for user logins

If you do not have AD/DC/eDirectory then you must create local users accounts on each machine (how many)

You can automate this with simple bat files that would look like this (ofcourse you add all the users into the bat that you want accounts for on the local machine):

*note that Win32_UserAccount needs _ which the system removes here

You just login to the machine as administrator with existing password & run such bat file

sebus

3. Suicidal9090

Suicidal9090 MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2010
    If your looking to remove the user logon for windows, you must remove each computer from the domain, that will get rid of each computer asking for you to log in. My suggestion would be to re-image all the machines with a clean install of XP and then create your own Domain.