New Office 2010 Repository

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by WinFLP, Jul 30, 2010.

1. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I added Language packs to the repository. Any direct links from Microsoft or Digital River (or any other legitimate retailer) I can only assume they are free for the taking if they aren't gated by a login or any authentication. I'm leery of posting links to a third party site / file sharing site or a torrent as there is a "no warez" rule.

2. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    It's not Warez, or torrents or something like that. It's direct link to Digital River, thats sells download version of Microsoft products. You have seen the Windows 7 Direct link thread? This is the same way.

3. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Try Adding Different Colours to Headings and sub-heading,which would make this somemore colourful..

4. rikwes

rikwes MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    If they are not charging anything for those language packs it is illegal ( check Microsoft itself: you can't get ANY language pack free of charge ) . I'm not concerned about MS missing out on all that cash ( don't get me wrong ) but am simply worried they'll force this site to close down in its entirety .

The're not charging anything for those language packs though ( don't know about Windows itself ) and that in itself is illegal because you're distributing unlicensed copies .

5. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    There is no Product key on the LP on the MSDN/Technet either, but you have a point. Still, we can see if MS do anything about it. They have not closed down the Windows 7 Digital River thread, and thats has been here since 03.January.2010

6. rikwes

rikwes MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    I know. I'm just pointing out- as a warning or whatever you might call it - that as of very recently the language packs are being sold by Microsoft and they might be a tad angry if they find sites distributing them without payment . It's not a matter of principle on my part ,just a bit of info :)

7. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    They also sell Office and we have direct links, they sell Windows 7 and we have direct links.

Now I haven't been able to test, but I believe that Language packs require product keys and activation. So on their own the files won't give you usable merchandise, it depends what you do with it that will determine whether it's legal or not. Same case as Office and Windows downloads. I believe giving direct links provides a useful service to people that have paid for these products, but lost or weren't given installation media.

Windows XP SLP keys were hit with a DCMA takedown notice and mydigitallife complied. They haven't said anything about the other materials (download links, and other "tools"), and it would be foolish to think Microsoft isn't aware of this site. We'll take it as it comes.

8. BenutzerF

BenutzerF MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Hi, where can i get the 14.0.4763.1000VL version spanish?

Thanks

9. BenutzerF

BenutzerF MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
  10. syga

syga MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    #51 syga, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
    I read that they shut down the xp thread. Have they closed down any other threads?

11. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    That was the OEM-SLP key collection they took down....

12. elliotsagan

elliotsagan MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2010
    #53 elliotsagan, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    @ myhken
    Hi,
    Could you tell me how I can get that nice info resume about Office 2010 status? (sad to say I was forced to remove the link to your jpg file)
    TIA

13. elliotsagan

elliotsagan MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2010
    Thank you myhken!
    yeap.. it was that picture I was talking about. But the correct way is to go File - Help. Because there is a help button on the upper right screen corner that does not take you to that picture.
    Anyway, thanks for your fast and kind reply.

14. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Of course - File - Help is the correct way. But you found out of it... :)

15. qewlpal

qewlpal MDL Addicted

Jun 25, 2010
    The script in the OP works only for default location, though the users can manually change the script according to the their installation locations to make it work, otherwise they can use the script by MD or CODYQX4's Toolkit..
    I can provide the links if needed..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. chnix

chnix MDL Member

May 16, 2010
    According to MD, the script might work but it has not yet tested. You can confirm if it works?

17. qewlpal

qewlpal MDL Addicted

Jun 25, 2010
    #60 qewlpal, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    Yes i tested the original office script and it works..donno about XP, but works on 7
    Also, i am referring to the original office script, not the one he posted on Universal KMS thread which activates Windows as well..i mean i didnt test this new script yet:)

For it to work it has to be a clean install(can be on any drive), since that script doesn't install the default key..doesn't work on corrupted installs, and i am not sure about retail to converted versions..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...