new to 7 and dumb...some pointers, please ??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by smallhagrid, Oct 26, 2013.

1. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    Hi Folks.
    I'm sort of a diehard XP user who wants to play around with 7 to see if I can stand using it.

I have a generic clone PC with 4GB RAM that is sitting around and also a tiny Acer netbook that came to me with the 7 starter edition OS that frankly...sucks.

Seems to me that the best version of 7 is ultimate, and I'd like to install it on both those rigs - but I find I am baffled by all the activation stuff - it was loads easier with XP I think.

I've been reading stuff about it for days now and I'm still baffled so maybe I'm just really dumb...

Looks like alot of the activators say they work for pro but don't mention ultimate ??

Would some kind soul please point me to the right stuff, please ?!?

I could really use some guidance here and will really appreciate some.

Thanks.

2. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    #4 smallhagrid, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    (OP)
    Thank You Very Much MrMagic:
    That is exactly what I needed to know.

EFA11, thank you for the further encouragement !!:
    Now I have what I need to get started and as soon as I have the time I will be doing it.

Updates have never concerned me too much as I seriously distrust anything mikr0$0ft says is 'good'.

What really worries me is the idea of a newer OS suddenly becoming unusable...so=>
    A further dumb question, please:
    Once activated need I be concerned about it becoming un-activated somehow ??

Thanks.

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Nope, it should stay activated permanently using Daz's loader :)

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    at least get sp1 if u dont use updates.. i use them.. 4+ (since release week of 7) yrs running no issues.