New to MDL forums & Win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rebel_07, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Rebel_07

Rebel_07 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    Hi all,

I have been lurking around the MDL Win 7 forum for a while now, and thought it was about time I joined up.

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks to all those members that have contributed a huge amount of time and effort in getting all this stuff working so the rest of us can play around with some new toys :)

I have had Win 7 running for a few months now on a spare machine to see if its really worth making the change from XP and also to see if it likes all the software I need to use - so far so good.

Finally decided to to a "test" install on my everyday PC to compare it wih XP on some much newer hardware.

I am am using a dual boot with XP on a HDD with 4 partitions. I actually deleted my "spare" XP install that I use for trying stuff out.

So my HDD setup is a small (2gig) C drive that I use as a boot drive then I have XP installed on D and Win 7 on E and Files F - so far so good & dual boot works great.

The only strange thing I have noticed is that when I open the Win 7 file explorer it indicates that Win 7 is installed on C, with XP on D and my Files partition as E - cant seem to find my original C (boot) drive.

Is this normal for a Win 7 dual boot off a separate drive?

I should mention that Win 7 is activated via the Windows 7 Loader 1.7.2 - I dont think that this is an issue tho.

Thanks again to the great people here at MDL - happy to be aboard.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    yes that is normal running OS always shows up a c:

3. Rebel_07

Rebel_07 MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    Thanks - I thought it was probly OK, but I thought I should check.