New WiFi Card freezes my DV2 1030US on boot.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by corndogg, Jun 14, 2011.

1. corndogg

corndogg MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2010
    I have been trying to get a combo BT and WiFi card in this machine forever. I successfully modded my bios once before only to discover that I couldn't get the drivers to work with this generic card.

I'm at it again this time with the Intel 6230 combo card. I'm coming from a Broadcom Card
    VEN ID: 14E4
    DEV ID: 432B
    SUBSYS: 1509103C

The new device is:
    VEN ID: 8086
    DEV ID: 0091
    SUBSYS: 52018086

Before and after modding my bios, I didn't get the 104- unsupported error that normally comes from a non white listed device. Instead, when the device is installed in the computer, it just hangs on the initial boot screen completely frozen. I cannot access the setup or any boot options. The only way to exit is a hard shutdown with the power button.

I don't believe that I made an error in modding because it did this before and after the bios. As soon as I remove the new card, the pc will boot right up normally. Obviously, I had to reflash to the original bios.

Any suggestions as to why this new card freezes the machine? Or any ideas on a combo bluetooth/wifi half mini card that I can get to work?

Thanks