new windows 8 laptop with error while installing for the fist time

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by maly70, Aug 29, 2013.

1. maly70

maly70 MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Hi mates,
    i bought a new laptop with windows 8 pre installed. when i turned it on and after loading and loading windows gives error:
    windows could not install on this computer, restart your computer to continue............ i restart and get the same erro and so on....... This is a new laptop that i just got now
    Any help will be appreciated

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    doesnt it take you to restart options, u need to refresh your pc and see what happens. That is a new fature of win 8- refresh like reset
    Weird coming from a new lappy lol:druff:

3. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    its brand new, the laptop is trying to install the os, so he cannot do a refresh. the os has to install first

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. maly70

maly70 MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    #4 maly70, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    (OP)
    when i tried to refresh, i got a blue screen after loading and then Cancel option only

Edit: error was: Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation.

Edit2: i have 2 partitions about 400 MB each, one has windows 8(supposed to be installed) and recovery partition with 12.5 GB, if i format the partition where windows 8
    suppose to be installed in and i install windows 8 from my usb. does this error or this corruption still exist? or no

5. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    sounds to me the disk drive is bad, or the oem install partition is corrupted, or there is a hardware issue with the sata controller

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. maly70

maly70 MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    i think it is the OEM install partition cause i tried to install windows from usb it worked (did not continue)
    if it is oem problem i will return the laptop( iwas looking for it for 2 mnths now)