Newbie Question

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by twinillusion, Oct 29, 2011.

1. twinillusion

twinillusion MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2011
    Is it possible to mod a BIOS so that it works with a newer video card? I bought an NVidia GeForce GTX 480 and I'm trying to get it to work with my motherboard (MSI RX480 Neo2-F) but apparently I need a BIOS update in order for it to work. Now I've got the latest BIOS from the manufacturer (which is from 2005) and it still doesn't work. Something about the MPS table needing to be updated in order to allocate the resources properly. When I go to Device Manager and right click > properties on the video card it says this:

"Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)"

I googled that and according to microsoft.com it says:

Diagnosis

The Multiprocessor System (MPS) table, which stores the resource assignments for the basic input/output system (BIOS), is missing an entry for your device and has to be updated.

Resolution

Obtain a new BIOS from the computer vendor.

So after more browsing I thought of trying to mod the BIOS or the MPS table and this is where I get thrown into a vortex of things I am completely clueless about. Is there any way to mod a BIOS to update the MPS table?

P.S. - Before I get flamed, I know that I should just buy a new motherboard/processor/ram/etc... But unfortunately I cannot afford that at the moment.

Thanks for your time

2. twinillusion

twinillusion MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2011
    Can no one help me? :(