Newbie questions about failing to activate using MTK

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Aquinox, May 10, 2013.

1. Aquinox

Aquinox MDL Novice

May 10, 2013
    #1 Aquinox, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Aim: To activate my windows 8

What I've tried: When I first installed this copy (a couple of months ago), I had used Microsoft Toolkit, and simply clicked EZ-Activator to get it activated. That worked fine for awhile, then the watermark came up after a few weeks. I honestly don't remember what I did the 2nd time to get it activated (but I did use the toolkit). It was fine until today. I downloaded the latest toolkit (MTKV243), but upon clicking EZ-Activator, the progress bar reaches 100% and nothing happens (the same result if I use the Check function). Upon installing AutoKMS and clicking Activate, the following does pop up into the info console:

Code:
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000010)   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
       at ..(String ,  )
       at ...ctor()
       at ..(Object , DoWorkEventArgs )
    Info about my windows 8: Windows 8 AIO 16 in 1 FINAL Build x86+x64 [Permanent Activation]-atik0786

NB: I only learned about hash files today, after going through the stickies on the thread (in fear of being scolded for posting a stupid question), and I'm not sure if the windows 8 x64 enterprise (build 9200) included in that AIO is untouched. The torrent was taken down so I couldn't cross-check either. Is there a way I can match the hash of a specific version included inside an iso of an AIO? If not, then I understand that I must format and install a confirmed, MSDN release.

I still felt the need to post here before just going ahead and doing this, because I'm still unclear about the whole activation process for Windows 8. From what I've gathered, activating via a "KMS server" - which is done by entering some code into cmd, works but isn't used/advocated as much nowadays, because a server could just go offline (and then you'd need to find a working server). So, a better way is to use the AutoKMS function, provided by the MTK, right? And once you activate in this way, you should be able to leave automatic updates on, without issue?

Please go easy on me... although I have been pirating and using underground hacks and "inventions" for years, I have no knowledge about coding and programming - let alone knowledge about activating windows..

I hope I can activate my windows 8, without formatting, but will do a fresh install if you guys deem it necessary. Please do point me in the right direction, and tell me if I'm incorrect about my basic understanding of the activation process.

EDIT: I found a copy of Windows 8 Enterprise (x64) – DVD (English) finally, and the iso matches the hash for the MSDN release, so I'm just gonna go ahead and do a fresh install. I would still like input on my other questions though...

EDIT #2: Okay, suddenly, my windows is activated now (I didn't format). When I first posted this, all I had tried was using the MTK and trying to activate using a KMS server - both of which failed. I just got back home and noticed that in PC settings, there's no option to activate, and the watermark is gone. I ran MTK again, the check function worked and it said that windows was activated. :/

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to b e the best way would be that you download a clean RTM version of Windows 8 or use the Enterprise instead.

Compare with the Hashes from MS only to be sure to have a clean and untouched version.

Do a clean install and after that use the MTK 2.4.3 for to activate! Do that directly after you've installed Windows 8 only!

NEVER use an y of those so called Activators for Windows 8! They didn't work, just editing system files and settings and fooling the user's!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    What the MTK(or other derivatives) does is to reach a Russian KMS server, but this server is sometimes down, and the tool would try to reach it at intervals, so after a while you will "suddenly" find OS activated. :D

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You aren't updated ;)

MTK uses its own KMS emulator so its an offline solution. Problem is elsewhere.

5. Aquinox

Aquinox MDL Novice

May 10, 2013
    I've never used any of the activators you're referring to. Yup, have only relied on the MTK thus far. Since i saw that my Windows got activated (not sure how, but I mentioned all the things I did in the first post, all of which seemed to fail; strange that it's currently activated), I no longer need to format and do a fresh install. I will keep that MSDN copy though, in case it starts giving me issues in the future.

If it gives me issues in the future, I'll do a fresh install. To be clear though, after installing windows 8, I should simply run the MTK, click the windows button, and finally click EZ-Activator. After this, my Windows 8 should be activated, and I can update it without issues like we had in windows 7 (where we had to avoid & hide that security file which would do a check to see if windows was genuine or not)?

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sometimes the activation using the MTK need some time, which could be also some day's! Run MTK, do all required steps and start keep waiting till you get activated. You could also use the apps for (to try) to activate again outside the time cycle which may helps. I had need once (for Office 2013) 3 days to get it activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    #7 Josh Cell, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000010)   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
       at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)
       at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
       at ..(String ,  )
       at ...ctor()
       at ..(Object , DoWorkEventArgs )
    Windows 8 AIO 16 in 1 FINAL Build x86+x64 [Permanent Activation]-atik0786

EDIT #2: Okay, suddenly, my windows is activated now (I didn't format). When I first posted this, all I had tried was using the MTK and trying to activate using a KMS server - both of which failed. I just got back home and noticed that in PC settings, there's no option to activate, and the watermark is gone. I ran MTK again, the check function worked and it said that windows was activated. :/

This problem is floating around the WMI issue on the response. These problems may have the issuer your modified Windows 8 copy and your OS can have modified activation files.