News/Discussions On Windows Upcoming Products: W8.1Update-x;W365;WThreshold;Win9

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Jun 8, 2014.

1. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Then I must have missed it, could you post a link or something? Tks. :D

2. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    The next edition of Windows - Windows Yon, then Windows Yen ... :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shawnsdada

shawnsdada MDL Junior Member

Jun 24, 2013
    #1583 shawnsdada, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
  5. shawnsdada

Jun 24, 2013
    I'm a hater for proving you wrong?

Someone said rumors of Windows 9 being free was reported weeks before you said anything about it. You asked for a link and I posted one proving that it was in fact mentioned long before you said anything. Now you're trying to change what you said because I proved you wrong.

I'm the pathetic one?

6. MrRTM

MrRTM MDL Member

Aug 27, 2013
    haters gonna hate :D :D :D :D :D /jk

7. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    Oh, @NaiveUser, the hater's post reminds me : If you do have a link or screen-shot to show, please note that it says "win9 will be a free upgrade for XP", because MJF's blog yesterday said "Win9 will be a free upgrade for XP", and my Neowin post in May said "Win9 will be a free upgrade for XP".

.... I believe you you know the difference between "win9 will be free" and "Win9 will be a free upgrade for XP", right? :D

8. shawnsdada

Jun 24, 2013
    #1588 shawnsdada, Aug 3, 2014
    You quoted two RUMORS that were going around at that time. You didn't leak this so stop acting like you did. You gave one a likely option and the other unlikely. The one you gave the likely option to would be the most obvious choice if correct. You posted that in a way so that if either choice was chosen, you could try to quote that later on as saying you knew all about it and nobody else did and that's the BS I'm trying to put an end to. Stop trying to take credit for things you have nothing to do with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

All I'm doing is trying to help stop the flow of BS and confusion that surround the future releases. All I did was point out facts that BS was being spread and said it may be a good idea not to post everything you read about future updates as facts before actually knowing anything. Then I get called a "pathetic hater" (FaiKee edited that out of a post he made thinking it wasn't seen. Saw it FaiKee) for speaking the truth.

I was just trying to stop BS from spreading and filling up the thread with pages of useless posts. I also don't appreciate people who try to take credit for things others have done and called him out on it. He's been doing that for months and I thought it was odd that barely anyone had noticed. Especially when I have seen him given credit on other sites (Neowin being a favorite of his) for stuff that people posted here first. That's shady.

I made my point here. He tried to come off as being the originator of the rumor that Windows 9 may be free back in May and that if MJF or whoever (Wzor being whoever) said otherwise, they're lying. I showed that article from April that credits MJF and Wzor for the Windows 9 being free rumors at that point in time for that article (It was already rumored before that article). Paul Thurrott had also made some comments on it before May. He clearly IS NOT the source for that and he tried to make himself out to be. He's not the source for a lot of stuff he says he is. Wzor and MJF were before he started to talk trash about them.

I'll end my side of it right here. I never meant for this to turn into some high school drama BS. Don't call me a pathetic hater and a liar expect me to ignore it. I'll end my part right here.

9. NaiveUser

NaiveUser MDL Senior Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I said 'similiar', I didn't say 'exatcly the same', so I see, you're bragging about mentioning a specific version number of Windows and a little bit more detail for a rumor ?? and laughing at other reporters because of that ?? OK, good for you, you are really a nice people, so nice to talk to you, huh.

actually, you are the only one I see here who think 'inside information' or 'rumors' are something the owner should brag about, besides Canouna maybe, but even he was much nicer.

I guess you've forgotten bchat's post you thanked pages before, its not a race game or championship contest, its just a discussion, can you chinese people even understand that ?

10. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    LOL, calm down, @NaiveUser, People always post links to their previous posts to show that they had mentioned it before, I believe MJF, Thurrott etc did that too, no? If you couldn't post a link or screen-shot, then just let it go.

..... And how come nationalism or racism could become a part of your discussion? I believe MDL have their positions on these kind of things. :popcorn:

11. NaiveUser

Apr 14, 2011
    #1591 NaiveUser, Aug 3, 2014
    yes people do post links to their previous posts, but people generally dont talk trash to others when they do that, can't you see the difference ? people just saying "I've said XXX", not "I've said XXX, you guys still dont know it HAHAHA you losers".

OK sorry for the 'you chinese people' part, let me rephrase it as 'you'.

12. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    #1592 FaiKee, Aug 3, 2014
    (OP)
    Tks for correction, @NaiveUser, I appreciate that. :D

Did you recall MJF's "fake list is fake" that directly linked to my Neowin post? OK, when Windows 365 does come out (btw, the card is still on the table), then I'll show you what is "laughing at people". :p

Oh, btw, I think "I've said XXX, you guys still dont know it HAHAHA you losers" is jesthon's words, don't believe I had said or implied it before.

13. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I am waiting to see how the Windows coming update is going to change most people notion about having insider views on what would lead to much awaited Windows 9. My believe on the outcome as speculated here is not so much different from those other people we disagree with views, although, I am not an INSIDER.

However, this is not a do-or-die affair that we have to start throwing personal jabs around only to look like those we accuse from the onset making us guilty as well at the end of the discussion. Afterall, we've be doing the analyses based on information speculated across different online boards and mostly on our held opinions. There is nothing that seems to be wrong with that. What gets me indifferent in this matter is the quibbling about who provided the right information on the update and related paraphernalia. We have seen how that has led us into discourses and irrelevant things. Must we continue along that line?

My idea about what have become of us on the discussion(which in itself is not a wrong thing) is to let's agree we are all on the same page as outsiders, with little-to-none to say on the affirmative matter of the coming releases because we are not in the positions to do so. Only the Microsoft top personnel can do that with backup claims.

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #1594 Tito, Aug 3, 2014
    One minute guys, I thought we agreed on not to start flame wars (again)!

:zipped:

15. NaiveUser

Apr 14, 2011
    OK let add my last sentence, if I can, or can't, whahtever, don't really care.

@FaiKee, if you think you can have your revenge on that story, OK, good for you, go for it, but stick with that point only, do not spread your complaints and negative attitudes everywhere in everyday discussions, because that will stimulate too many flame wars, for no reason, let other people have normal discussions in peace, no hate, no pointless debate, no laughing and pointing, thats what I want.

16. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Could you believe this is my first time of hearing about 'neown'? I am reading through some of the write-ups there as I type this comment. I don't have much to say about the site yet. It looks informative though.

17. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    I believe it's just your personal opinions because everytime I posted something in controversy with MJF(who is not a MDL member), a "sign of a flame-war" would start to come out, this I understand. :D

LOL, by all means go ahead and enjoy the site. :D

18. davehc

davehc MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2008
    This overlong thread has lost its way.
    It has become a battleground between a minority of members. I think it would be in the best interests of the forum Admin, to close it and let another, with perhaps a slightly similar title, be started.
    I would suggest that the more experienced and long term forum users, are beginning to lose interest in a 163 page thread, which has very little substance which actually connects to the thread title

19. DDReaper

DDReaper MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    MJ Foley didn't say it will be a free upgrade for XP users, she said there will be somekind of a deal and "even possibly a free upgrade".

I wonder exactly how old you are because you can't seem to understand the difference between a rumor, a multiple sourced rumor, a blog post and a forum.

20. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    LOL, 1st post after registered for almost a year?

This is the usual scenario, you could say thing about WZor, Thurrott, or maybe maddog, etc, it's OK.

But when it comes to MJF?
    - A different opinion or point of view, this I could understand and accept.
    - Usually accompanied by meaningless, pointless, sometimes fierce and hostile personal attacks, as if they don't give a damn of MDL moderations.

:popcorn: