News/Discussions On Windows Upcoming Products: W8.1Update-x;W365;WThreshold;Win9

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Jun 8, 2014.

1. shawnsdada

shawnsdada MDL Junior Member

Jun 24, 2013
    #1601 shawnsdada, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    This comes from an account that was made nearly a year ago.

It's the users only post

It insults the other member and brings up exact points that FaiKee tried using to defend himself with.

Hello sock account :rolleyes: Now that's just sad and pathetic lmao. This is officially my last post in this thread. See you around, FaiKee. I will call you out on other sites when I see you pull your BS. As for MDL, I respect this site and will let it go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Bye! Our Admin @Yen had explained to you in detail and you still tried to attack me with nothing to support, it's a wise move to leave.

btw, my "other site" is Neowin, the mods have zero tolerance on these kind of things, good luck. :D

3. victorios

victorios MDL Member

Oct 26, 2012
    @FaiKee what do you think about back New Windows start menu ? Microsoft can be release with Windows 8.1 Update 2 or not ? Or release with Windows 8.1 Update 3 ? Or just Microsoft release the new start menu with Windows 9 ? What exactly treshold ? Treshold it's free update for Windows 8.1 for return back Windows Start menu in 8.1 if Windows 9 not working ? Why Microsoft not release start menu with Windows 8.1 Update 2 ?

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    MS will not bring the Start menu earlier than W9 or whatever it will be called. They bring some minor changes or modifications on coming update and gather all cool gimmiks for major new release. This will help windows to reach a similar new value like W7 did over Vista. Everyone will love the new OS then and W8 is history

5. xomniversex

xomniversex MDL Member

Sep 20, 2012
    9 days out for 8.1.2 and no leak, not even many [any?] screenshots.

Microsoft has really outdone itself this time by keeping things so tight lipped.

At this point it would be a miracle if Windows 9 leaks even 1 hour before Microsoft puts the RTM on MSDN.
    If there is so much as a youtube video unless officially released by Microsoft or at a press event, it would be a miracle even.
    Best one can hope for is an SHA hash, or even a filename. lol.

6. DDReaper

DDReaper MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    And your usual scenario is to bitch arround about people without being moderated ?

7. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    I've heard some stories but couldn't tell, anyway, many things are still undecided ATM, and like Yen said, MS could and had changed plans at the last moment, so why not take what Paul said as of now?

I don't use Start menu since win8DP, but what I heard, this and windowed apps and interactive tiles etc are buggy as hell in current early builds, and anyway there's API treatments, MS probably want it to be in a Preview where people could test them and report. :D

Nice try, Tom, you want to pull me into a flamewar where both of us got banned, a really good trade-off with your few posts.....nah, I am too old for these kind of child games. :laie:

8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    we well see how often this well happen :druff:

9. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
    There's almost nothing new in general August Update, that's why nothing has been leaked.
    As for Threshold, they are doing really a good job of keeping stuff inside the company walls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Could you please explain to me the difference between a rumor and a multiple sourced rumor? As far as I know, a rumor is a rumor, regardless of the number of sources. It will remain a rumor until it becomes a fact.

11. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
    A rumour coming from multiple independent sources is more likely to be correct than one coming from a single source.

12. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I understand that BAV0, my point was it is still a rumor...;)

13. BAV0

BAV0 MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2011
    Then you're right, I haven't followed along with the latest flame war :rolleyes:

Painter7, I noticed you reading this thread, have you got anything for us? :D

14. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    Good observation, BAVO ....

Now Painter, why is 08-80(jesthon) still posting in PCPortal?? :zipped:

15. Beve Stallmer

Beve Stallmer MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2014
    cool guys... seems that you relax again :) just like FX Shaw recommends on Twitter. I personally think there are weeks to go until we see some Win9 action. Unless one of these laid-off MSties has some vengance in mind. Personally I've got the feeling since the Alex Kibalko thing happened, people are more careful

16. DDReaper

DDReaper MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    Well that make a huge difference. It's still a rumor but like BAV0 said, it more likely to be true. What I was pointing out is that MJFoley is not going to post every single rumour, she has credibility, she will loose readers if she starts to publish everything she hear. I don't think FaiKee has much things to loose by posting on a forum.

I was trying to explain to him that's good he posted before everyone else something (that's still not a fact), but that's not a reason for bitching around about bloggers who are doing a different jobs.

17. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    MJF, Thurrot and some others are nothing else like the weatherman ... guessers. Too often they failed in the past and still have a big audience :p

18. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    OIC, you mean MJF is different, if people bitches Thurrott (or urrr. Tom Warren), then it's OK, they don't have creditability and are "dispensable bloggers", but if anyone bitches MJF, then you would jump out and flame with personal attacks! :laie: