News/Discussions On Windows Upcoming Products: W8.1Update-x;W365;WThreshold;Win9

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Jun 8, 2014.

1. qazmko1029

qazmko1029 MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2013
    I can not agree with rumor 2...After all,XP can't updrage to 7 or 8, and the NT kernel version updraged so much as well...but actually win8 can do it.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    nah, that Kibkalo thing had some other quality. It was fraud since he leaked internal activation data and hot confidential stuff. Leaking of some screenshots or even a preview build is regarded with other eyes at MS. Since there is nothing to leak atm, I don't wonder why there should be something. Coming up update to be released Aug 12 certainly doesn't show that much outside the hood that it is worth for a leak and W9 things are in a stage where a leak is totally useless. Time will come and we will see some information prior to a preview or RTM thhingy

my two cents

3. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Nah, it's just a rumor atm., even if it's true, we don't know what would be the mechanism, for win7->win8 upgrade, you submit a win7 key, then get a win8 key, after, download the ESD where you could either make a in-place upgrade, or burn to media then install to new machine. :p

Yup, zukona was only fired, and many MS guys also fired too for leaking infos, Kibkalo was charged with leaking trade secrets. :D

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    responding to an alleged possibility for a XP > W9 upgrade, I'd liked the idea but I guess it will not happen at least for free. If so, many ppl would go after an outworn XP copy, install it and get a free upgrade ... nah, MS is kind of stupid but no that much :D

5. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
  6. Tseki

Tseki Guest

What do you guys think, is there going to be official ISO of Windows 8.1 with Update 2 integrated or is just available via Windows Update as a standard update?

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #1627 PaulDesmond, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    guess it depends on the update size. If it is really big I can imagine that they do the same as recently and provide enterprise/VL versions with update included for fast deployment. Retail core/pro might get update through WU as usual

8. DDReaper

DDReaper MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    I'm not answering to you with mocking emotes at the end of each of my posts...

And i don't think less of Thurott or Warren (or Rubino) that i do of MJF. I don't judge people who are trying to do their work the best they can.

9. DDReaper

DDReaper MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    The first sentence of your post is "haha you will all see i was right in the first place and all those bloggers are just taking month to write about things i said, what a bunch of idiots, they just could read here all the truth *mocking emote 1* *mocking emote 2*

I really don't care that much about MJF but you seems to have a personal issue with her (as you named her explicitly)

And i knew, not by you, about the rumor before she wrote about it so no, i didn't think she had a scoop ;)

10. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    LOL, if that's the case, then I guess you would have a really busy time posting personal attaks to MDL members, good luck. :D

11. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    #1631 FaiKee, Aug 3, 2014
    (OP)
    Nice imaginations(and inventions), LOL. :D

.... btw, I am tired of your personal attacks, imaginations, inventions, trollings, etc, etc .... good nite. :sleep2:and don't expect me to respond to your post again . :D

12. DDReaper

DDReaper MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah cause all the "hey you thought she had a scoop LOL" was not inventions nor imaginations.

13. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    There might be a new iso for a future version, but I don't predict one for this update.
    I could be wrong, but you asked what we thought; and that's my speculation.

14. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I agree with you on MULTIPLE sources but it is still a rumor at that point in time. RUMOR, by online definition, is something circulated as an unverified account. That is clear enough for us to understand. Multiple in this manner is just to qualify the number of sources and it has nothing do to differentiate it from what it is from a single source as a rumor. I am just saying that though.

15. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    But, rumor has it that it is going to be available as update through the general Windows update.

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Would guess it's similiar procedure to Update 1, first the Offer via WU then an ISO via MSDN :g:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    It could be possible as Microsoft is looking for ways to bring XP 'adamant' users to Windows 9. Believe me you bringing the old versions users to appreciate Windows 8 has been a very difficult thing for Microsoft since debut, looking at the Windows 8 failure to make much impact on previous versions users. This might just be a way to encourage them to do so. Who knows why Microsoft perhaps want to think along that line beyond this simple reason?

18. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    #1638 bchat, Aug 3, 2014
    This would be my guess too. I suspect the final size of the update may determine whether a new iso is created.

ETA - IF MS could get users to upgrade XP, 7, and 8 to "9" by offering a free key, I think it would be a win win for all. They might even think of calling the next edition "Windows XP7".

That would win a lot of people over...:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Yes, that might just mean what Microsoft wants to do in bringing the XP users along. Is this Windows 9 all about money? There's speculation it might just be free to users at the initial time of the argument in some online sites.

20. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #1640 Hadron-Curious, Aug 3, 2014
    I think Microsoft would be smart enough not to lay off workers at that point in time due to the human's payback nature.