nForce chipset drivers

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Iluvhir, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Iluvhir

Iluvhir MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    Hi, fellas.
    I've enough reasons to update my chipset drivers, but my problem is that I've no idea which drivers to download from nVidia's homepage.
    I used Everest Ultimate (used to be Aida32) to find out which motherboard/chipset I've got in my ASUS laptop (which, btw, is an X70IO series notebook, but the model says K70IO... confusing the hell out of me), and it tells me it's a mcp79/7a card. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be looking for an nForce driver, but which one? mcp79 does not appear on nVidia's site.
    Also, the driver from ASUS's webpage is the one I'm running atm, but I'm thinking nVidia might have a newer one for me.
    If you've an idea what I should be looking for, please don't hesitate to reply :)

Thanks in advance,
    Iluvhir

2. Joe42

Joe42 MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
  3. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    The best thing to do is use Nvidia's auto detect option on the download page . If there is an updated driver availiable it will let you know. To be honest the fact Asus are not ogfering an updated driver tells me there probably isnt one availiable right now. What are your reasons for updating chipset drivers ? Maybe your problems can be fixed another way.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    As ive already said, if the Nvidia auto detect tool is'nt coming up with any new drivers then i think you are stuck for now. All you can do is keep checking the Nvidia and Asus pages for new drivers. Its that good old story of a lack support from manufacturers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...